RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
I'm no saint but I can only take so much of the name calling and insults.
Quit trying to play the victim. You started the insults on page ONE of this thread. Anyone can find the same trend in nearly every thread.

Quote:
Which parts? The anti-American parts? What a surprise.Hey Bruce take notice!
I'm pretty sure that was one of the things you felt you apologized for some time back. For some darn reason, I just can't take it as sincere when you keep doing it.

Double tongued dick.

Last edited by feets; 07-15-2014 at 1:50 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2014, 1:26 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioTuner View Post
As a stand alone radio it is great (I got rid on my R75 because of it). As an SDR it really is not any good at all (as in computer control).

I like the radio a lot and the battery lasts a long time. As an easy pack and go field radio I don't think anything can beat it, as an SDR (in computer sense) my SDR-IQ is miles better. There is no software for the CR-1a. If that changes it could become much better but at this point if you are looking for an SDR (computer controlled) I would pass on the CR-1a.

EDIT: As a side note I only run Linux. So my software options are a bit limited anyways.
Wow...kinda glad I didn't buy it. I wanted to use it for SDR only. Sounds like a great little portable though.The Alinco DX-R8T does have a IQ but its not that great as a SDR. Right now I'm using it as a stand alone radio. I guess I'll have to take a serious look at the SDR-IQ for my next purchase.

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-15-2014 at 1:34 PM..
Old 07-15-2014, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Wow...kinda glad I didn't buy it. I wanted to use it for SDR only. Sounds like a great little portable though.The Alinco DX-R8T does have a IQ but its not that great as a SDR. Right now I'm using it as a stand alone radio. I guess I'll have to take a serious look at the SDR-IQ for my next purchase.
It is kind of a bummer.

If I were buying today it would be this:

FDM-S2: ecom ELAD Usa Inc.

Awesome for the price and the included features are top notch.

Of course on Linux I probably wouldn't get it. But my machine can easily manage a virtual machine. It would convince me to buy Windows more then likely lol.

But Windows is safe running inside a secure OS. lol (I am not a Windows fan if you can't tell ).
Old 07-15-2014, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Hey anybody heard from Bergdahl yet? Still waiting to hear his side of the story??? The only thing I got was this picture of him posing with his Taliban pal.

Oh comeone Rob. Can you not see a photoshopped pic when one is in front of you?

Seriously........it is photoshopped.

And the latest news realease says that Bergdahl was cleared to return to active duty, BUT the investigation still continues.

FF - Medic !!!
Old 07-15-2014, 7:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bergdahl is a slime ball deserter, but will probably never be charged, given the current administration. Even the statements of his parents bear close watching.
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2014, 8:49 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by com501 View Post
Bergdahl is a slime ball deserter, but will probably never be charged, given the current administration. Even the statements of his parents bear close watching.
I also have a feeling this thing is going to get covered up just like it has been since day one. Interesting nobody is defending the guy. Where are his parents? You would think they would be defending their son against such allegations on every news outlet in America if it were not true? I mean look at the way the government has been shielding the guy from day one from the press and the public. Somebody doesn't want this guy to tell his side of the story. I mean this thing stinks to high heaven! What I think happened was It blew up in Obama's face. Obama saw this as a political home run. What he didn't account for was the reaction from those who actually served with the guy to be so negative. After reading his letters and listening to the dozen or so soldiers who served with the guy its pretty clear to me the guy willingly dropped his weapon and walked off leaving his buddies to fend for themselves. But like I said we will probably never hear from Bergdhal himself or the military on the matter. Bergdhal will hide behind lawyers and eventually disappear. This thing became a political hot potato and is going to get swept under the rug as quickly as possible.

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-15-2014 at 8:59 PM..
Old 07-15-2014, 11:35 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff-medic View Post
And the latest news realease says that Bergdahl was cleared to return to active duty, BUT the investigation still continues.

FF - Medic !!!
Lol...The investigation continues. How long does it take to ask and answer a simple question? Seems to me like there's a lot of stalling going on. And now Bergdhal is lawyer-ed up and I'm sure clammed up!

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-15-2014 at 11:40 PM..
Old 07-16-2014, 9:49 AM

Quote:
Lol...The investigation continues. How long does it take to ask and answer a simple question? Seems to me like there's a lot of stalling going on. And now Bergdhal is lawyer-ed up and I'm sure clammed up!
It will take about as long as you answering the questions that feets posted to you on a periodic basis. With some people loudly conjecturing that he must be guilty (because FAUXNEWS said so), how can you blame him for getting legal counsel? I'm sure that under UCMJ rules, a defense counsel from JAG will (or maybe has already) been assigned to him. Until the facts are openly presented and validated in court, not one of us has the complete picture of what actually occurred. Under the jury system, a juror can be dismissed because of their pre-conceived view of the accused's guilt or innocence before the trial begins. This is to minimize (or eliminate) personal bias. Our discussions are not held to these high standards. The politican gains and loses using this situation are outrageous and the media hype (both sides) are hypocritical. Perhaps the Congressional comic book that explains the Constitution to them overlooked this concept. What the hell, its only one guys life and we have the mid-year electio headlines to grab that are far more important then some dogface.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
With some people loudly conjecturing that he must be guilty (because FAUXNEWS said so), how can you blame him for getting legal counsel?
It is the members of Bergdhals own unit who are suggesting the guy walked off his post not Fox News. And remember it was the President who thrust this thing in the spotlight by parading his parents around the White House like some political victory trophy calling Bergdhal a hero. Funny thing is you haven't even mentioned his parents or their bizarre behavior. Why have they said nothing to defend their son? Why would a dozen soldiers all share the same opinion that the guy deserted his post? What about the letter he sent to his parents where he said he was no longer proud to be an American and had lost his will to defend his country? Can't blame that on Fox News.

Here are quotes from the letter to his parents.

Quote Bergdhal:
I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools.

Quote Bergdhal:
The horror that is america is disgusting.

Quote Bergdhal:
I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting.

Quote Berdhal:
I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid.

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-16-2014 at 12:31 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2014, 1:45 PM

"Bergdhals own unit who are suggesting " Let them bring their factual evidence to the trial. Beliefs, suggestions, WAG's belong with the jury to substantiate what happened. Regardless of the outcome of the legal process, you've already acted as judge and jury to convict him so the Republicunt bloggers can be vidicated that everything is Obama's fault. , Oh yeah, we forgot to include pattern baldness and uncontolled middle aged flatulence at the dirty feet of anyone who has any lesser degree of certainty than you obviously possess. You must be the next pope with that extraordinary level of self-appointed infallability. We mere mortals cannot cope with such Godlike stature and must rely on the law to solve our conundrums. Is it cold up there on Mount Olympus where the Gods of old reside?.
Old 07-16-2014, 3:26 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
"Bergdhals own unit who are suggesting " Let them bring their factual evidence to the trial. Beliefs, suggestions, WAG's belong with the jury to substantiate what happened. Regardless of the outcome of the legal process, you've already acted as judge and jury to convict him so the Republicunt bloggers can be vidicated that everything is Obama's fault. , Oh yeah, we forgot to include pattern baldness and uncontolled middle aged flatulence at the dirty feet of anyone who has any lesser degree of certainty than you obviously possess. You must be the next pope with that extraordinary level of self-appointed infallability. We mere mortals cannot cope with such Godlike stature and must rely on the law to solve our conundrums. Is it cold up there on Mount Olympus where the Gods of old reside?.
OK, disregard everything anybody has said,all the beliefs and suggestions by his fellow soldiers aside for a minute. If what Bergdhal wrote in that letter is true this guy is no American hero.So what say you? Would you consider him a hero if indeed he wrote that?

And by the way Bergdhals own family claimed the letter is real.
Quote:U.S. and Western officials say the family told administration officials that they believed the letters to be genuine.

*Just a side note I haven't heard them come out and say any of the allegations against their son are not real. Have you?

Last edited by N1RGR; 07-16-2014 at 4:02 PM..
Old 07-16-2014, 3:31 PM

Quote:
It is the members of Bergdhals own unit who are suggesting the guy walked off his post not Fox News. And remember it was the President who thrust this thing in the spotlight by parading his parents around the White House like some political victory trophy calling Bergdhal a hero. Funny thing is you haven't even mentioned his parents or their bizarre behavior. Why have they said nothing to defend their son? Why would a dozen soldiers all share the same opinion that the guy deserted his post? What about the letter he sent to his parents where he said he was no longer proud to be an American and had lost his will to defend his country? Can't blame that on Fox News.

Here are quotes from the letter to his parents.

Quote Bergdhal:
I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools.

Quote Bergdhal:
The horror that is america is disgusting.

Quote Bergdhal:
I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting.

Quote Berdhal:
I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid.

Your point?

Is that not one of the most coveted tenets of being a US citizen? The freedom to express ones views? Who cares what is written in a letter to his parents, it is not like the contents are addressed to you, so really it is NONE of your business what he wrote to them.

Sad that Bergdahl is already convicted in your mind Rob. But I guess that is what Fox News told you to think, Hell the guy has not even been charged yet and Fox has told you to think he is guilty, on nothing more than HEARSAY third or fourth hand evidence. Stop drinking the Fox Koolaid, and start thinking for yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2014, 3:57 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
Your point?

Is that not one of the most coveted tenets of being a US citizen? The freedom to express ones views? Who cares what is written in a letter to his parents, it is not like the contents are addressed to you, so really it is NONE of your business what he wrote to them.
Wrong! People in the military don't have the same constitutional right to express themselves as civilians do.

GI RIGHTS - FREE SPEECH IN THE MILITARY

Quote:
Sad that Bergdahl is already convicted in your mind Rob. But I guess that is what Fox News told you to think, Hell the guy has not even been charged yet and Fox has told you to think he is guilty, on nothing more than HEARSAY third or fourth hand evidence. Stop drinking the Fox Koolaid, and start thinking for yourself.
Wrong again. Fox News did not tell me this. Soldiers who served with the guy told me this. Bergdhal himself told me this in his anti-American rant letter. Its funny you hold Fox News as the responsible party and not the US soldiers who are telling the story. I guess its too be expected coming from you. Everything is Fox fault. Also remember it was the President who thrust this into the lime light using Bregdhal's parents as a political trophy on the White House lawn calling him a hero not Fox News. And like I said its was his own fellow soldiers who rejected the notion of hero status. Not Fox News.
Old 07-16-2014, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Your point?

I have to say amen to this.

There is no telling what was going on that may have made him leave in the first place, or if he ever left in the first place. We are of course being fed media hype, I don't like the media and if anything current TV media is just an entertainment network.

I knew a guy many years ago that joined the military. They ridiculed him an insulted him and he wound up dead. There was nothing aside from going AWOL that could have saved him, yet he stayed and paid the price. There was never an investigation and the death was swept under a rug. So without circumstances please don't judge. And the media is just a ridicule machine, ignore the media. Seek out your own thoughts and leave it at that.

Walk a mile in another mans shoes is a good way to think here...

Last edited by RadioTuner; 07-16-2014 at 4:20 PM..
Old 07-16-2014, 4:14 PM

I had no idea that you had personal contact with Bergdhal or the other soldiers. They really told you that personally? Here is your quote, " Soldiers who served with the guy told me this. Bergdhal himself told me" Wow! You really are a candidate for Pope with a superior infallability quotient or delusions of grandeur.. You should also be reminded that no one here is treating him as a hero - just another American who demonstrated imperfection in some way. What's next for your God-like plan?? Do you have the wood, nails, and rope for your public cruxifiction or will you just burn him at the stake? It worked well for getting rid of Joan of Arc When do you plan to perform your pre-determined execution? Before or after any court marshall proceedings? Have you pressed your robes and vestments like a good Christian would do?
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2014, 4:17 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Military code of conduct:
Members of the military have the right to say or to write what they think, up to a point. They can't say things that encourage violence (other than as part of authorized military operations) or urge others to violate military regulations. They can't communicate with "the enemy," for example, by writing letters to Iraqi officials or soldiers. Article 88 of the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) makes it a crime for a commissioned officer to use "contemptuous words" against the President, Vice-President, Secretary of Defense, and other specified high government officials. Enlisted members can be prosecuted under Article 134 for using similar words. The words have to be "to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, or conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces." Military members have gotten into trouble for calling officials "fascists," "thieves," murderers" "tyrants" "fools" and "gangsters." This law is selectively enforced. Some officers didn't get in trouble for saying bad things about President Clinton, for example. Article 117 of the UCMJ outlaws using "provoking or reproachful words or gestures" towards someone else in the military. The more real danger, however, if from saying things that could make other members desert, disobey lawful orders, or refuse to do their jobs. That kind of speech could violate Article 82 of the UCMJ, which makes it a crime for someone in the military to ask someone else to desert or mutiny (disobey orders as a group).
Old 07-16-2014, 4:45 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I had no idea that you had personal contact with Bergdhal or the other soldiers. They really told you that personally? Here is your quote, " Soldiers who served with the guy told me this. Bergdhal himself told me" Wow!
Listen to the soldiers and read the letter and you too will have been informed. Not sure again where Fox News comes into play here? All you need is a internet connection. I guess its the Internets fault!
Old 07-16-2014, 6:11 PM

Rob, You've often proven that your listening skills are highly selective and subjective. You've missed the entire point again! If it were up to you this guy would have been put up against a wall and shot without benefit of due process. I guess that your personal contact with both Bergdhal and other soldiers (your quote not mine) your papal infallability, or heaven-sent vision, as to his guilt are a foregone conclusion of treasonable acts. All this without a trial or court marshall and the protection of the Constitution? The Pope of Providence has emoted his encyclical death sentence from High Olympus while the rest of us mere mortals still are awaiting due process. As a child in Sunday School, I was taught about the inherent goodness that is in each of us and that justice and mercy were paramount in our lives. I try to live those scriptual virtues. There are those, unfortunately, who are so closed minded as to have delusions that they, alone, have all of the facts; determine innocense or guilt based on impersonal communications and make psychological and sociological assertions without benefit of competence. I guess that I might feel the same way as you did when you spoke with Bergdhal and the other soldiers. Those people don't know me nor have they confided in me as they have as you assert. It is the extremist who has all the answers (or thinks he has) that is so characteristic of Teabaggers, Klansmen, and Skinheads. I still prefer answering to a hgher authority as stipulated in scriptural and american history. Step off your high throne and show us ALL how you ALONE have all the answers which even Miss Jiggle Jugs still muddles over,. "I guess its the Internets fault! " No,, it is the fault of those who choose to condemn a life without clear, compelling, and validated evidence in the presense of both the accused and accuser - Not some impersonal self-apppointed know it all who hides in the internet and says things that he would not have the gonadal fortitude to say face to face. Some people think that this is the new "American Way". I disagree.

PS: Your description of the UCMJ was a direct quote (cut and paste) and should have been offset by quotation marks and the source given. That's just research ethics.

Last edited by elk2370bruce; 07-16-2014 at 7:22 PM..
Old 07-18-2014, 5:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post
Quit trying to play the victim.

Mr. Feets ,

Victim you say. Hummmm.

Just this month for my agency / department = There is about 42 shifts of overtime. I had to work on the 4th...and the 5th of July......originally scheduled as my days off. For some reason or another, I did not get to enjoy the fireworks - hotdogs and hamburgers with friends and family. No ice cream and no cotton candy.

Next month.....and probably through October or November ; or until they hire some people - there will be about 40 to 50 shifts of overtime..... EACH month. Due to the way the scheduling is......my shift will have to work the largest part of the overtime. Again, I will have to work about 90-95% of my scheduled days off, and we are three people short ( we need to hire three people ) in our department ( 4 shifts of 5 people = 4 Firefighters and one Supervisor for a total of five people) We work 12 hours shifts. We are as I understand going to loose another person to the State, he wants to be a Corrections Officer.

From about / "aproxmately" - the beginning of the year 2004 to the end of the year 2008 = EACH year ------> 90% of the time or more.....I worked 72 to 84 hours weeks ( 12 - 14 and 16 hour days ) due to we were about five people short ( they needed to hire about 5 people ) + we had to cover others whom were on military leave / deployment and vacations. It was excessively tiring mentally, emotionally and physically, and it took a toll on me and my family.

I had no time off to spend with family , no time to myself and to take care of personal things. I was "forced" to work over on shift ( 12 hours plus another 4 hours overtime -- or a whole 12 hour shift even ) multiple times.....in a row, without some of my coworkers rotating and working their fair share of the overtime. This I believe was due to personal indifferences between me and my supervisor, and my supervisor "picking" me all the time to work over instead of rotate with other crew members, and showing favoritism with some of the other shift members.

I like my time off, and I do not mind a few days of overtime each month to cover and makeup for the paycut I was given ( overall loss monthly in income ), when my job was contracted out. But working 27 or 28 days out of a 30 day month.....in my opinion....is ridiculous. My dad is retired, and I would like to spend time with him ( I did not get to from the year 2003 to 2008......again, as I spent most of my time working instead of attending the family barbecue / cookout and going on vacation out of state with with them ) ; and I would like to have some time to myself ----> I am currently writing "TWO" books that I hope to someday get published. First one is a Military / spy book and the second one is simply just a spy book.

My niece had a baby, and she lives out of state...and I like to spend a couple days a month with her and the new baby. I, in the past made it a habit to go and see her and the new baby ( Born August of 2013 ) twice a month. I guess now that will come to a halt. I will not get to visit her and the new baby ; and that agitates me somewhat, as I have always been a HUGE part of my nieces life.

Is the above events someones "evil will" and malicious wrong doing? I only like to work graveyard shift on overtime - and working graveyards pretty much ruins the next day due to having to sleep, and or get up and go to work again the next evening. Is someone, or a few people being malicious? Is it possible someone is being hateful? My department used to have five firefighters + one supervisor. On or about the year 2004, they cut us back to four firefighters and one supervisor - making the department short permanently four firefighters. It made overtime more difficult. If someone called off on dayshift, or of there was a vacation - they took a fireman off of graveyard and put them on dayshift to prevent spending overtime money.

In the year 2004...or there about..... they cut us back four jobs / personnel, and now they want to work us many - many excessive hours. Yes....history repeates itself.

I have vacation scheduled for October - for camping and squirrell hunting, I hope to get it. As I have in the past = Camping - cooking on a campfire, and enjoying small game hunting. Also taking in the fall colors ( I live in Appalachia. The view from hilltop is gorgeous ). Camping, cooking on a campfire, and small game hunting is stress relief for me. And believe me......since the year 2001 when I was employed at my current job, I have had tons and massive amounts of stress induced upon me. Fire extinguishers sabataged, Inspection areas sabatoaged, reprimanded and screamed at by supervisors for no reason at all......and without asking first if I am the guilty party or for a reason. I had one supervisor walk up to me while I was sitting down eating dinner, and start "screaming" at me for no REASON or CAUSE."

In 2010 - they contracted my job out. I lost income..... my base pay monthly is not what it should be. I lost my 401K, three weeks paid vacation ( Last year I got vacation but did not get paid and this year I only get one week vacation). I also lost my shift differential and retirement.

I - to myself, belived that complications was created as to make some people quit. I myself was told by a female co-woprker one time that "You need to leave here." I am still here, after 13 years.

Us worker bees need to be better protected against physical aggression and harassment, and against mistreatment & scheduling difficultys.

"About" two years ago, there was a labor dispute. No one told me when I left work...and I did not know, till I drove past the picket line....and a person with a HUGE spotlight flashed it in my face.....at night, and as I believe-----> tryed to blind me, and / or, make me have a wreck / collision. No one told me when I left work that night, not even my supervisor; that to be careful the picket line is up. It was a perfect display of excessively poor leadership and failure to look after subordiantes in my opinion.

My vehicle has been rear ended twice and sideswiped once. On or about June of 2008, someone etched an "X" on the hood of my truck with a sharp object. On or about May of 2003, my truck was shot at with a "BB Rifle" from my parents garage. Also, their was two tires flattened on my truck twice. One time at a mall north of where I live, and again when the "Labor dispute " occurred.

Keep mentioning the term "Victim" , please.

--------------------------------------------------

Our second out engine was built in the late 1970's, and it has trouble passing pump tests. We need a new rescue - mini-pumper ( ?? Ford F-550 ) and other equipment such as airbags and Hazmat material. We also need to patrol vehicles to get around in.

Our land mobile radio repeater is beginning to degrade terribly, and it needs replaced.

We need dual band mobile radios in our trucks, but management just seems to not want to listen.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post
Double tongued dick.

You are really showing your intelligence and intellect level...... are you not.

Last edited by ff-medic; 07-18-2014 at 6:58 AM.. Reason: typographical errors and additions
Old 07-18-2014, 3:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This is not going to trial. This will be handled under the UCMJ. Desertion is a serious charge. All that is waiting to happen is someone charge him. This is what may happen, but only if the Administration doesn't get involved.

This idiot is no longer safe in deployment. He will get fragged. I would gladly do it myself. The evidence, STRING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE that he deserted is in his writings, the statements he made to his commander, and the statements he made while in captivity. Even a Courts Martial is too good for this fool. Two .223 rounds is all we should spend on him.