RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics - Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,475
Default Obama is right, we need more gun control!

But only for his staff. Check this out: Police: White House staffer arrested after firing shot at lover - CNNPolitics.com

Did anyone see this on the evening news, or was it squashed by media sympathetic to this screwed up administration?
prcguy
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2015, 5:31 PM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcguy View Post
But only for his staff. Check this out: Police: White House staffer arrested after firing shot at lover - CNNPolitics.com

Did anyone see this on the evening news, or was it squashed by media sympathetic to this screwed up administration?
prcguy
Well of course the media plays into the pocket of fear and they do this in order to convince people that they should give up the rights our Founding Fathers have promised us. It should be a God given right for one to have the ability to protect themselves anyways.

The people who are begging for our rights to be taken away lack logic and lack fact. They want guns taken away simply because they are scared of a gun and there is no logic in the fear. Statistics show that taking away guns increases crime (look at Britain) but they are not interested in the statistic, they want their daddy to protect them.

I believe all teachers should be trained to use a firearm and they should be armed. Of course it should be hidden (like inside clothes) so it does not strike fear in children. But imagine a would be killer entering a school with 90 trained teachers, how far would he get? And of course if it was common knowledge that teachers were armed it would most likely stop the threat anyways. Criminals want soft targets and they are not interested in anything that might put their own life in danger and even a dog bark can stop him.

I also think that we should be working towards getting rid of soft targets altogether.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,475
Default

I agree on everything but requiring all teachers to be armed. Sure, those who want to get trained and carry should be allowed but it should not be mandated for all teachers. A good number of teachers want nothing to do with guns and should not be forced to carry one.

Arming teachers opens up a huge liability for the school and if anything went wrong from an accidental discharge to a teachers gun stolen and used in a crime or even an active shooter at a school that hurt somebody before being taken out, someone will sue the crap out of the school.
prcguy


Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
Well of course the media plays into the pocket of fear and they do this in order to convince people that they should give up the rights our Founding Fathers have promised us. It should be a God given right for one to have the ability to protect themselves anyways.

The people who are begging for our rights to be taken away lack logic and lack fact. They want guns taken away simply because they are scared of a gun and there is no logic in the fear. Statistics show that taking away guns increases crime (look at Britain) but they are not interested in the statistic, they want their daddy to protect them.

I believe all teachers should be trained to use a firearm and they should be armed. Of course it should be hidden (like inside clothes) so it does not strike fear in children. But imagine a would be killer entering a school with 90 trained teachers, how far would he get? And of course if it was common knowledge that teachers were armed it would most likely stop the threat anyways. Criminals want soft targets and they are not interested in anything that might put their own life in danger and even a dog bark can stop him.

I also think that we should be working towards getting rid of soft targets altogether.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2015, 12:07 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcguy View Post
I agree on everything but requiring all teachers to be armed. Sure, those who want to get trained and carry should be allowed but it should not be mandated for all teachers. A good number of teachers want nothing to do with guns and should not be forced to carry one.

Arming teachers opens up a huge liability for the school and if anything went wrong from an accidental discharge to a teachers gun stolen and used in a crime or even an active shooter at a school that hurt somebody before being taken out, someone will sue the crap out of the school.
prcguy
I agree with you in a way because I believe in freedom. We however need to come to a point where we make a point. What I mean is, if one is a would be shooter and willing to shoot, he needs to be aware that the risk he is taking is also at the mercy of other people.

I understand teachers might not want to use guns. But being a teacher is supposed to be about teaching and caring about the safety of our children. This touchy feely stuff about guns has gone on for far to long. Either a teacher wants to protect our children, or a teacher wants another job, simple. They don't look at people who join the military and give them the choice of carrying a gun, their job is in protecting our nation (and others) and a teachers job is the education and protection of our children. I wouldn't force anyone to join the military and I wouldn't force anyone to be a teacher, both jobs should be provided by those whom are willing to live up to the duty.

I don't want our children to be forced into being raised in a school full of cops, it scares some kids and may make the situation worse.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2015, 5:50 PM
rapidcharger's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The land of broken calculators.
Posts: 2,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcguy View Post
Did anyone see this on the evening news, or was it squashed by media sympathetic to this screwed up administration?
prcguy
It hasn't made headlines. Is that Obama's fault?
Seeing as how both were armed, what happened to guns making you safer? Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? If you have a gun, then bad guys will leave you alone?
It seems like you discovered that guns don't, in fact, make one safer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
Well of course the media plays into the pocket of fear and they do this in order to convince people that they should give up the rights our Founding Fathers have promised us. )))
What right(s) were those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((It should be a God given right for one to have the ability to protect themselves anyways.)))
God given? What do you mean by that? If one doesn't believe in "God", does that mean they don't have certain rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((The people who are begging for our rights to be taken away)))
Who are these people and what rights are they begging to be taken away?
Do explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((Statistics show that taking away guns increases crime)))
Please show me a source for that statistic.
I know people like to say that on the Internet but they never seem to be able to come up with a source or any information such as what those crimes were.

I'll make this easy for you. Instead of scouring rightwing blogs to find sources, just answer me this.
Who's had more school shooting deaths, the UK or the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((I believe all teachers should be trained to use a firearm and they should be armed. )))
But didn't you also just get done talking about rights and freedoms? Don't teachers have the right to opt out of guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((Of course it should be hidden (like inside clothes) so it does not strike fear in children. )))

But if cops can walk around with guns without scaring children, why not teachers? At what point to the children need to be forced to have mandatory gun exposure classes so they aren't afraid of guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((But imagine a would be killer entering a school with 90 trained teachers, how far would he get? )))
I don't see why the shooter wouldn't take out a lot of people before they were shot themselves. The end result is almost always the same, ending with their own demise. They're okay with that. They could walk into a classroom with an automatic weapon and annihilate everyone before they knew what happened and go to the next classroom and probably do the same.

It's still a success to them and whether they die after one classroom or two or seven, doesn't matter to them. That was all part of the plan.

Didn't you say you studied psychology or was that someone else?



Quote:
Originally Posted by prcguy View Post
Arming teachers opens up a huge liability for the school
Of course it does.
We can't even trust cops with guns, now we're supposed to let the teachers who lose their patience with misbehaving students blow someone's brains out? I'm sure you must agree that Corbintechboy's opinion is really troublesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
I agree with you in a way because I believe in freedom.)))
Unless it's the freedom to not be armed and you're a teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((
I understand teachers might not want to use guns. But being a teacher is supposed to be about teaching and caring about the safety of our children. )))
Debatable on the caring about the safety of our children. I'm not entirely sure that is in their job description. And even if it was, it would obviously be limited. Being trained as a swat team sharp shooter to combat a shooter is certainly not their responsibility as that would take a lot more ongoing training that one could expect of a teacher. I think they've got enough to do and get paid very little to do it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
((( Either a teacher wants to protect our children, or a teacher wants another job, simple. )))
Not so simple. If someone wants to teach but not be SWAT team members, they should be able to. As it is, it's hard to find qualified teachers who are good teachers, who will work for very low salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((teachers job is the education and protection of our children.)))
But it's not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
((( I wouldn't force anyone to join the military and I wouldn't force anyone to be a teacher, both jobs should be provided by those whom are willing to live up to the duty. )))
When was the last time you went to a school and saw actual teachers? Did you happen to watch the movie Kindergarten Cop lately? Or The Substitute? Or Dangerous Minds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((I don't want our children to be forced into being raised in a school full of cops, it scares some kids and may make the situation worse.

Wait wait wait. So you just got done saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
((( This touchy feely stuff about guns has gone on for far to long)))
and now you're saying that the touchy feely stuff should continue because it scares some kids.

It sounds like you want to prepare the kids for a lifetime of institutionalization .
Having armed prison guards in a prison masquerading as a school is called juvenile hall / YDC. You don't want students to be able to go to school, you want them to go straight to Juvie.

Disturbingly unAmerican.

This must be that socialist guy putting all these ideas into your head.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2015, 6:51 PM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
What right(s) were those?
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...cond_amendment

The right shall not be infringed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
God given? What do you mean by that? If one doesn't believe in "God", does that mean they don't have certain rights?
That would mean birth right. Your shallow logic is now engaged and will be treated as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Who are these people and what rights are they begging to be taken away?
Do explain.
They are called Liberals and they lack logic and understanding as well as facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Please show me a source for that statistic.
I know people like to say that on the Internet but they never seem to be able to come up with a source or any information such as what those crimes were.
History tells me you will call this flawed, only because you said so. So you want facts from people but are willing to provide none yourself. But here, for your entertainment.

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research CenterCrime Prevention Research Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
I'll make this easy for you. Instead of scouring rightwing blogs to find sources, just answer me this.
Who's had more school shooting deaths, the UK or the US?
The US of course. Let's not sit around anymore and allow it to continue.

We should just take guns from criminals..... OOPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
But didn't you also just get done talking about rights and freedoms? Don't teachers have the right to opt out of guns?
I would say you are confused most of the time, no need for me to add to that confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
But if cops can walk around with guns without scaring children, why not teachers? At what point to the children need to be forced to have mandatory gun exposure classes so they aren't afraid of guns?
Not even worthy of an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
I don't see why the shooter wouldn't take out a lot of people before they were shot themselves. The end result is almost always the same, ending with their own demise. They're okay with that. They could walk into a classroom with an automatic weapon and annihilate everyone before they knew what happened and go to the next classroom and probably do the same.
But they at least have a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
It's still a success to them and whether they die after one classroom or two or seven, doesn't matter to them. That was all part of the plan.

Didn't you say you studied psychology or was that someone else?
Soft targets are the name of the game. Statistics show this and you should know this. Wait........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Of course it does.
We can't even trust cops with guns, now we're supposed to let the teachers who lose their patience with misbehaving students blow someone's brains out? I'm sure you must agree that Corbintechboy's opinion is really troublesome.
There is a certain amount of risk with everything. Hell, typing this my computer could short out and kill me instantly. Or the battery could explode, take your pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Unless it's the freedom to not be armed and you're a teacher.
Freedom is also about accountability. If I send my most prized people to school, then I expect the school to take care of them. I have no real freedom about sending them, then the school should guarantee their safety to the best of their ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Debatable on the caring about the safety of our children. I'm not entirely sure that is in their job description. And even if it was, it would obviously be limited. Being trained as a swat team sharp shooter to combat a shooter is certainly not their responsibility as that would take a lot more ongoing training that one could expect of a teacher. I think they've got enough to do and get paid very little to do it.
So, It is mandatory I send my kids off to a place where they can relieve themselves from all responsibility for my most prized people? That makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Not so simple. If someone wants to teach but not be SWAT team members, they should be able to. As it is, it's hard to find qualified teachers who are good teachers, who will work for very low salaries.
So, forced to go...Yep! But not forced to protect.....WRONG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
When was the last time you went to a school and saw actual teachers? Did you happen to watch the movie Kindergarten Cop lately? Or The Substitute? Or Dangerous Minds?
How I interact with teachers is related like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Wait wait wait. So you just got done saying

and now you're saying that the touchy feely stuff should continue because it scares some kids.

It sounds like you want to prepare the kids for a lifetime of institutionalization .
Having armed prison guards in a prison masquerading as a school is called juvenile hall / YDC. You don't want students to be able to go to school, you want them to go straight to Juvie.

Disturbingly unAmerican.

This must be that socialist guy putting all these ideas into your head.
You will never get what I am saying, so there is no point.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2015, 7:18 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,475
Default

Both were armed? Did I miss something? I thought the story mentioned Obama's girl took her sex toy's gun, which would leave him unarmed.

This story has little or nothing to do with guns in the hands of the general public deterring crime and its well known that when you take them away violent crime goes up and when you relax gun laws and the general public stocks up on guns, violent crime goes down because criminals don't want to confront an armed victim.

That would lean towards guns do make you safer from crime. That's what I believe and I'm sticking with it.

And I hope that teachers are not forced to carry guns in school but a voluntary program of training and concealed carry would get my vote.
prcguy


Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
It hasn't made headlines. Is that Obama's fault?
Seeing as how both were armed, what happened to guns making you safer? Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? If you have a gun, then bad guys will leave you alone?
It seems like you discovered that guns don't, in fact, make one safer.
l:
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2015, 9:53 PM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcguy View Post
And I hope that teachers are not forced to carry guns in school but a voluntary program of training and concealed carry would get my vote.
prcguy
Maybe the forced idea is a tad strong. I would support it being allowed as well. The element of surprise has its advantages and I would hope the media would boast about it being allowed and thus getting rid of the soft target ideology with schools.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 8:17 AM
rapidcharger's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The land of broken calculators.
Posts: 2,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcguy View Post
Both were armed? Did I miss something? I thought the story mentioned Obama's girl took her sex toy's gun, which would leave him unarmed. )))
Oh! so what you're saying is guns actually put you more at risk if they get stolen and used against you.

Good point!
Hadn't thought of that one.


I'm sure that will occur often in your ideal school of voluntarily armed teachers when an unruly student takes the teachers gun when they step outside the room briefly for some reason.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 8:28 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
I'm sure that will occur often in your ideal school of voluntarily armed teachers when an unruly student takes the teachers gun when they step outside the room briefly for some reason.
And your logic has again left the building.

Do you really have that hard of a time understanding? Do you not understand concealed carry? That means the gun is out of sight and out of mind.

What part of concealed carry escapes the mind mind of a Liberal? Oh wait.....
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 9:21 AM
rapidcharger's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The land of broken calculators.
Posts: 2,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post

Do you really have that hard of a time understanding?)))
Yes. Sometimes.
Can you please have patience with me as I might be what some would consider "special needs" and need a little bit of extra time to understand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
(((What part of concealed carry escapes the mind mind of a Liberal? Oh wait.....
One of the things that I have trouble understanding is why you are an avid supporter of the most liberal presidential candidate but bash liberals all the time on the forum(s).

I also have a hard time understanding why you support these guys even when they crash a black child's birthday party and make death threats.
Confederate Flag-Waving Group Indicted For Criminal Gang Activity
^^^
Don't you think children deserve to have birthday parties free from fear or is that just for children in the classroom with armed teachers?
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 9:48 AM
CapStar362's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gainesville GA, USA!
Posts: 565
Default

i hate to get into this discussion, but just WOW.


they are CONCEALED carried weapons for a reason. you DO NOT know the person is carrying a weapon until its too late and it is pointed in your face as defense to an attack!

another thing i have heard is the use of biometric gun safes, 2 mags and a small 9mm or 45ACP sidearm in the classroom. only the teacher of that room, a para-pro if one is there, the principal, vice principal and a security officer can unlock that safe.

any un-authorized fingers touch the safe, a silent alarm goes off to the office.


I support arming the teachers and giving them proficiency lessons. to their voluntary acceptance of taking them. not force them. we already have enough problems with our education system that forcing teachers to do things will force a higher drop out and turn over rate.

the one thing i DO NOT support with our education system, is how they tell our children we as parents, their own flesh and blood, we can only discipline them in certain ways.

that crap needs to be abolished NOW. Schools are not the parents of our children, they should have ZERO grounds of telling a parent anything concerning how a child is disciplined at home or anywhere off school grounds.
__________________
Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 9:53 AM
rapidcharger's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The land of broken calculators.
Posts: 2,243
Default

CTB,

I see that you have posted a link to one of the gun lobby's special interest group's website for your source to suggest, through statistics that are unclear and dated from the 1960's, that violence goes up when there's gun legislation. I'm more interested to know how many school shootings there are in countries with stricter gun legislation. And is it because their teachers are armed or no?

And I'm more interested in modern crime statistics which would show that violent crimes are in fact higher in places were guns are more readily available, even by using that same biased website.

We may actually agree on one simple premise and that is that making guns harder to get won't stop school shootings. Just like with armed police officers and armed teachers who will shoot innocent unarmed people at some point, everyone is a good guy with a gun until the day they become a bad guy with a gun.

Therein lies the problem with H. sapiens.
Our species is so prone to making bad decisions, poor judgments based on emotions or fear.

Furthermore, more guns than ever are being sold (1)
and yet school shootings are at an all time high.
We're up to 2 or 3 in a single day now!?
That would seem to indicate that more guns aren't doing anything to stop school shootings.

This Kenyan socialist that everyone loves to hate, Obama, who is blamed for being a gun grabber is actually to thank for the surge in gun sales. More guns have been sold under Obama than any president before him. (2)
He's actually more to blame for putting more guns out there on the street.

If you really care about the children, you'll do what this gun owner did...
An Angry Facebook Rant About Guns Like You've Never Read Before


1.) Smith & Wesson Announces 48% SURGE In Gun*Sales - Home - The Daily Bail
2.) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...dustry-so-far/
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 9:53 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,475
Default

In the case of Obama's girl vs her sex toy, I suspect he didn't know she was a nutcase and would take his police service weapon and use it against him. In this rare case you might have a point.

In everyday situations a gun owner should always make sure guns are not accessible to anyone else, especially children and potential theives. Occasionally cops loose their gun to a criminal they are trying to apprehend and it sometimes ends tragically. In the end, guns in the hands of ordinary people deter crime way more than you can imagine.
prcguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Oh! so what you're saying is guns actually put you more at risk if they get stolen and used against you.

Good point!
Hadn't thought of that one.


I'm sure that will occur often in your ideal school of voluntarily armed teachers when an unruly student takes the teachers gun when they step outside the room briefly for some reason.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 10:03 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
One of the things that I have trouble understanding is why you are an avid supporter of the most liberal presidential candidate but bash liberals all the time on the forum(s).
I have said many times, and will say now. I was and have always been a Centrist. The only place I align Liberal is with economics and even in that I can be be a bit wishy washy because I much prefer a economic reset, or a crash if you prefer because it would fix much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
I also have a hard time understanding why you support these guys even when they crash a black child's birthday party and make death threats.
Confederate Flag-Waving Group Indicted For Criminal Gang Activity
^^^
Don't you think children deserve to have birthday parties free from fear or is that just for children in the classroom with armed teachers?
When did I say I supported what happened at that birthday party?

What I support is the freedom of people and that freedom is supported even if it is in stark contrast to what I might believe. Freedom is freedom, if I have the freedom to be free, so does everyone else even if I don't like it.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 10:06 AM
rapidcharger's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The land of broken calculators.
Posts: 2,243
Default

Oy vey.
never going to get any work done today, am I?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post

they are CONCEALED carried weapons for a reason. you DO NOT know the person is carrying a weapon until its too late and it is pointed in your face as defense to an attack! )))
Sort of like how you don't know a school shooter is going to kill you until they've fired 900 rounds per minute into your classroom and 5 quarts of blood have already poured out of the large hole in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
(((only the teacher of that room, a para-pro if one is there, the principal, vice principal and a security officer can unlock that safe. )))
That'll come in handy once there's already 300 dead bodies on the floor and everyone with a shred of common sense is hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
(((
the one thing i DO NOT support with our education system, is how they tell our children we as parents, their own flesh and blood, we can only discipline them in certain ways. )))
So you support child abuse, is what you're saying.
Interesting revelation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
(((that crap needs to be abolished NOW. Schools are not the parents of our children, they should have ZERO grounds of telling a parent anything concerning how a child is disciplined at home or anywhere off school grounds.
Tell us what you'd like to do to the children. Would you like to whip them with a belt? Hit them with a wooden board over and over until they submit to you? Would you like to tie them up and lock them up in a shed out back for days and days?

Do tell us more about the disciplinary methods you would employ with children that the education system is saying not to do. Help me understand and please be patient as I am "special."
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 10:15 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
CTB,

I see that you have posted a link to one of the gun lobby's special interest group's website for your source to suggest, through statistics that are unclear and dated from the 1960's, that violence goes up when there's gun legislation. I'm more interested to know how many school shootings there are in countries with stricter gun legislation. And is it because their teachers are armed or no?

And I'm more interested in modern crime statistics which would show that violent crimes are in fact higher in places were guns are more readily available, even by using that same biased website.

We may actually agree on one simple premise and that is that making guns harder to get won't stop school shootings. Just like with armed police officers and armed teachers who will shoot innocent unarmed people at some point, everyone is a good guy with a gun until the day they become a bad guy with a gun.

Therein lies the problem with H. sapiens.
Our species is so prone to making bad decisions, poor judgments based on emotions or fear.

Furthermore, more guns than ever are being sold (1)
and yet school shootings are at an all time high.
We're up to 2 or 3 in a single day now!?
That would seem to indicate that more guns aren't doing anything to stop school shootings.

This Kenyan socialist that everyone loves to hate, Obama, who is blamed for being a gun grabber is actually to thank for the surge in gun sales. More guns have been sold under Obama than any president before him. (2)
He's actually more to blame for putting more guns out there on the street.

If you really care about the children, you'll do what this gun owner did...
An Angry Facebook Rant About Guns Like You've Never Read Before


1.) Smith & Wesson Announces 48% SURGE In Gun*Sales - Home - The Daily Bail
2.) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...dustry-so-far/
Criminals don't follow laws, this is what makes them criminal. Getting rid of guns from law abiding citizens does nothing and that man did not have to destroy his gun. Now that man is a sitting target waiting for a criminal to pick his house, bad choices.

Of course humans make bad choices. We are a nation born in war and continuing to be in war because human nature has to try and dictate who has the bigger male part. This is not my fault and it is not yours and the only thing I can do to do my part is make sure I use my gun for the right reasons if I need to.

As far as gun sales not effecting school shootings, that is expected. Schools are a soft target and as long as they are a soft target someone will take advantage of it (read: criminal).

New York is yet to post any statistics since their own gun ban. I expect no real change. Any time they take away guns all they are doing is taking them from law abiding citizens. Criminals don't follow laws and some people have a hard time with this.

Should I have a gun for protection in your eyes?

I live 20 minutes from town. It would take an officer 20 minutes to get here.
I live on 5.5 acres of land with a long driveway and my home is a very good distance from the road (secluded)

If someone took a notion to break into my home, it would take less then five minutes for someone to murder me and my family. The only thing between me and a would be shooter is my gun.

I just don't understand why people think that we can get rid of all guns (legal owners) and be safe. It is insane because criminals are criminals.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 10:23 AM
CapStar362's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gainesville GA, USA!
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
CTB,

I see that you have posted a link to one of the gun lobby's special interest group's website for your source to suggest, through statistics that are unclear and dated from the 1960's, that violence goes up when there's gun legislation. I'm more interested to know how many school shootings there are in countries with stricter gun legislation. And is it because their teachers are armed or no?

And I'm more interested in modern crime statistics which would show that violent crimes are in fact higher in places were guns are more readily available, even by using that same biased website.

We may actually agree on one simple premise and that is that making guns harder to get won't stop school shootings. Just like with armed police officers and armed teachers who will shoot innocent unarmed people at some point, everyone is a good guy with a gun until the day they become a bad guy with a gun.

Therein lies the problem with H. sapiens.
Our species is so prone to making bad decisions, poor judgments based on emotions or fear.

Furthermore, more guns than ever are being sold (1)
and yet school shootings are at an all time high.
We're up to 2 or 3 in a single day now!?
That would seem to indicate that more guns aren't doing anything to stop school shootings.

This Kenyan socialist that everyone loves to hate, Obama, who is blamed for being a gun grabber is actually to thank for the surge in gun sales. More guns have been sold under Obama than any president before him. (2)
He's actually more to blame for putting more guns out there on the street.

If you really care about the children, you'll do what this gun owner did...
An Angry Facebook Rant About Guns Like You've Never Read Before


1.) Smith & Wesson Announces 48% SURGE In Gun*Sales - Home - The Daily Bail
2.) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...dustry-so-far/

let me stop you there.

What country right now, has the HIGHEST violent crime rate of the world? with STATISTICS proving it. UK has the HIGHEST violent crime reporting rate of the WORLD. Guns are completely forbidden for citizens to own. they are open season for criminals in the UK.

Lets look at Chicago .... our hot spot. since the citizens started arming and protecting themselves what happened to the crime rates? downward trends, year after year.

Crime in Chicago, Illinois (IL): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers, crime map



your claim of "good guy turning bad" id love to see a article supporting that notion. i have yet to EVER see a responsible and legal owner do this rapid, i just got done embarrassing some idiot on google+ About this very subject. he could not produce a SINGLE article of a LEGAL and Responsible weapon owner doing criminal like activities with their weapons. he gave me this:

a verbal altercation with no shots fired over protocol of concealed carry <-- no shots fired, not valid to the arguement ( I cannot find the link to this one now, ill keep searching for it )

bar shootout inside the bar <-- what RESPONSIBLE owner brings a weapon to a BAR and consumes alcohol, not valid

Gun owner gives brand new P22 gun to robber <-- the weapon had never been fired a single time, bought factory new, had he tried to rack the Pistol, the spring would have been so stiff, he would have probably stove piped his chamber and died in the process.



every gun shooting, theater shooting, gas station shooting, mall shooting, was done by someone not in the right mind, with a stolen weapon of some stolen capacity or unauthorized to carry one or finally...... A CRIMINAL. these people do not care about trigger discipline, muzzle discipline or target discipline. they simply want to kill people and usually wind up killed themselves.

I'm a legal owner, i'd shoot myself first before i EVER considered turning a weapon in haste or negligence against someone else without provocation or for a "useless" reason.

my weapons stay in my holsters unless:

A: A imminent threat is being directed at me

B: A imminent threat is being directed at another citizen who is defenseless

C: my weapons are cleared, unloaded and mags are in my possession for inspection or just showing a curious shooter or citizen what i carry.

D: my weapons are either in my vehicle or in my home.

If i am carrying my 870 MCS, either of my AR-15's or my Benelli M4 ( a very rare thing ) they stay muzzle down and un-chambered. the grips are facing forward of my direction forcing an inverted position if i pull it from behind me.
__________________
Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 10:24 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
that crap needs to be abolished NOW. Schools are not the parents of our children, they should have ZERO grounds of telling a parent anything concerning how a child is disciplined at home or anywhere off school grounds.
I agree with this.

Look at the baby boomers. They were raised in the "spare the rod and spoil the child" type way and they turned out good. Kids nowadays are being put in time outs and when they grow up and kill someone are going to wonder why they did not have a time out instead of life in prison.

I view things this way, life hurts. You mouth off to your boss and lose your job and can't pay rent, it hurts. You speed and lose your license because of dumb choices, it hurts. You beat your spouse and end up in jail and lose your job, it hurts.

Life hurts so why should we not be spanking our kids when they do wrong? They learn early that when they screw up it hurts. Hey kids, welcome to real life.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2015, 10:41 AM
CapStar362's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gainesville GA, USA!
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post


So you support child abuse, is what you're saying.
Interesting revelation!



Tell us what you'd like to do to the children. Would you like to whip them with a belt? Hit them with a wooden board over and over until they submit to you? Would you like to tie them up and lock them up in a shed out back for days and days?

Do tell us more about the disciplinary methods you would employ with children that the education system is saying not to do. Help me understand and please be patient as I am "special."

and THAT has got to be the WORST assumption i have ever had thrown at me. you are lucky i'm even replying to you at this point..........

did i say i support abuse? HELL NO!

i said, it is not the place for a SCHOOL to tell parents how to discipline a child when off the school grounds.

do you think i WANT to abuse my daughter? is that how misunderstanding you see the world?

i'm utterly shocked at this reply, in fact i'm pretty much enraged you assumed at that kind of a level.



i will discipline MY child how i see fit, barring the need for EXCESSIVE discipline using items such as what you described. MY Daughter is NOT, the School's Child nor flesh and blood. they are responsible for her during SCHOOL hours and any extra activities while on or off school grounds under THEIR supervision. what happens on MY time with MY daughter is NONE OF THEIR CONCERN.

i don't need belts or 2x4's or frat paddles or hickory switches or any external object other than my hand, my voice and the knowledge that my daughter understands IN FULL, the fear of god i can put in her for doing things that would, can, and very well may lead up to her being a criminal or worse, dead.

one solid pop on her rear, and she understands right at that moment, "I need to stop" and she does. she never retaliates after that, because she understands why i did what i did. she understands i love her and i will do anything to protect her and her ways of growing up to be a responsible adult, a respectful child and teen.

the lack of discipline in children today is disgusting. even my 5 year old daughter can see this.

and who is to blame for this lack of discipline?

parents can no longer discipline their children for fear of DFCS becoming involved and losing their children because schools are a place for children to "tattle" on the parents if you will. and even make up things just to troll them.

this is why we grew up as responsible adults and the generation of today, i'm sorry to say, it is disgusting.

absolute LACK of respect for authority, elders and parents.
__________________
Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions