RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics


Politics - Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2016, 4:59 PM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
Your saying that following the Constitution is fine as long it aligns with your ideas.

In the end the people get screwed. If someone votes Democrat and that Democrat wins, then they should get what they want. Saying that they shouldn't due to your ideology is infringing on the rights of others to get what they asked for. Your on this forum wanting people to relax and allow Trump to do his job but yet your against allowing Democrats to do their job even when people with blood running through their veins like yours asked for it.

Your posts are saying you align with freedom as long as it aligns with your ideology. Maybe if that's not the point your making you should explain because this is the message your sending.
What I'm saying is many progressive liberals feel the constitution in places is outdated and needs to be changed. I'm against any changes and the conservative republicans mostly go with the constitution the way it was written and don't want to change it. With that I want to see as many conservatives on the court as possible.

Look what happened to the ACLU, the liberals ruined it.

Anything the liberals get involved in they ruin, look what they did to San Francisco, NY City, to name a few. I don't want them to change the constitution in any way, shape or form.

I'm for freedom when it aligns with the Constitution the way it was written by the Founders.

Hopefully you understand now instead of guessing on what I was saying.
__________________
.
Sponsored links
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2016, 5:20 PM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
What I'm saying is many progressive liberals feel the constitution in places is outdated and needs to be changed. I'm against any changes and the conservative republicans mostly go with the constitution the way it was written and don't want to change it. With that I want to see as many conservatives on the court as possible.

Look what happened to the ACLU, the liberals ruined it.

Anything the liberals get involved in they ruin, look what they did to San Francisco, NY City, to name a few. I don't want them to change the constitution in any way, shape or form.

I'm for freedom when it aligns with the Constitution the way it was written by the Founders.

Hopefully you understand now instead of guessing on what I was saying.
Wasn't really guessing.

I agree with you. But like it or not, we all have the freedom to vote for who we choose. Like it or not, Obama was president when a supreme court seat came open and he should have had the right to fill that seat.

See, to me, freedom means freedom whether I like it or not. My opinions are allowed and so is every ones but in the end, freedom comes with everyone. So, if people vote in someone I don't like, it don't matter, the people spoke. I can kick and scream all I want but have no right to change anything once its done.

I agree that we are a better nation when the Constitution is followed, but I think that the freedom of everyone is equally important to my freedom. Obama won two terms so should have picked the seat, the people voted him to do so. N.C is wrong for limiting the power of the governor because the people voted for that governor.

When we see things through our own blinders and want for the will of some to be tossed at the benefit of ourselves, we are saying we believe in freedom when things go our way and that is not freedom.

I do agree with all your points though. I just see things a little differently.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2016, 9:00 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post

I agree that we are a better nation when the Constitution is followed, but I think that the freedom of everyone is equally important to my freedom.
The Constitution SHOULD be followed. It was written for a reason, and that includes the freedom you speak so highly about. If we just ignore it because everyone has different views, but cry "it's my freedom!" when not following the Constitution, what do you think this Country will be like? Probably not so good.

It is the reason why people take the oath to uphold. It is why this Country has been so great, because we as Americans follow a set of highly thought out rules by our fathers.
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 2:07 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
The Constitution SHOULD be followed. It was written for a reason, and that includes the freedom you speak so highly about. If we just ignore it because everyone has different views, but cry "it's my freedom!" when not following the Constitution, what do you think this Country will be like? Probably not so good.

It is the reason why people take the oath to uphold. It is why this Country has been so great, because we as Americans follow a set of highly thought out rules by our fathers.
I agree. And this is my problem with religion and Constitution and everything.

We all hold an ideology and we hold more things dear to us then other things. For instance, if someone don't like guns they believe it is perfectly fine to impose on your freedom. Or if a religious person believes in God but does not believe in helping the poor.

I am a literal person which means I believe that if we are going to follow something, we follow that something even if there are bits and pieces of that something we don't like. We either commit to what we follow or we say the heck with it and walk away.

This is why I am having the back and forth with HP. He can't say glad the Constitution is now going to be followed because of Trump but say it is alright to trample on the rights of people because he don't like liberals. I understand his context completely and he is right in saying that liberals ruin everything they touch, but the people made a choice using their freedoms and to me, no one has any right to walk on those rights.

To me HP is being as bad as the liberal who wants to take our guns. Its not a this or that thing, it is a swallow your pride because everyone has the same freedoms you enjoy and that is whether you like it or not.

My point? Commit to what you believe in. If you believe in the Constitution then that means you believe in it even when it does not conform to your ideology. If your gonna be religious then that means you commit even to the parts you don't like. This picking and choosing what to believe and what not to believe is what is killing this country at the core.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
Perhaps you mean how the president was within his rights given to him by the Constitution to appoint a supreme court seat and the GOP took that away from him?
This back and forth started I believe over the above statement you made.

And I said Thank God, I was happy another liberal wouldn't be on the court.

The Senate (who are voted in by the people) has the Constitutional right to provide or withhold consent. And they chose to withhold consent and not bring his nomination to the supreme court up for a vote. Is that dirty politics, most likely, but that is the kind of crap Reid did when he was the majority leader in the Senate. It just so happens the shoe is on the other foot now and the Republicans are in charge, one would think they would be above that kind of crap, but they weren't.

Let's see if Trump can somewhat clean it up, we better sure hope so.

Look back and see how many times Obama went against the Constitution himself, let me look back and see if you held him to the fire.
__________________
.
Sponsored links
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 5:33 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Well, He is now "officially" the president-elect. I guess the cry babies failed at changing the elector votes
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 5:35 PM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,808
Default

Looks like Trump is another step closer to becoming the president. All the talk about the electoral college was just that, all talk. Now we wait for Jan 6th to hear Joe Biden officially count the votes and announce the next president. I'd be willing to bet he'll somehow screw it up, he's usually right in the middle of controversy with his big mouth.

Make America Great Again!
__________________
.
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 5:39 PM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
Well, He is now "officially" the president-elect. I guess the cry babies failed at changing the elector votes
You beat me to it, but we're both on the same page.
__________________
.
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 5:53 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
You beat me to it, but we're both on the same page.
Ha, only by 2 minutes!

Jeez, they're really gonna need more safe spaces now...

Safety pins must be in full production as well.
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 6:31 PM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
Ha, only by 2 minutes!

Jeez, they're really gonna need more safe spaces now...

Safety pins must be in full production as well.
Liberals have to take a few steps back and realize the utopia they want for the US is not a one size fits all. The people have had enough of their tax and spend social programs that will bankrupt the country, the country has to tighten it's belt buckle and eliminate programs that are foolish, like why a shrimp likes to run on a treadmill.

Something down deep tells me that Trump is very serious about making America great again, he's no Reagan but I hope to see a light at the end of the tunnel to better times. I want to see it for the younger people, they need to see improvement.

New York City should just be called a safe space with crying benches all along 5th Avenue.
__________________
.
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 9:43 PM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
Look back and see how many times Obama went against the Constitution himself, let me look back and see if you held him to the fire.
I have. Mainly on freedom of speech and gun rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
Looks like Trump is another step closer to becoming the president. All the talk about the electoral college was just that, all talk. Now we wait for Jan 6th to hear Joe Biden officially count the votes and announce the next president. I'd be willing to bet he'll somehow screw it up, he's usually right in the middle of controversy with his big mouth.

Make America Great Again!
I hope he does and I hope he sticks to his promise of being everyones president and I hope that doesn't mean take care of the rich and forget about the poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
Well, He is now "officially" the president-elect. I guess the cry babies failed at changing the elector votes
I'm glad they failed.

We are 50 states and somehow liberals believe that only their voice should count. Good on the electoral college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
Liberals have to take a few steps back and realize the utopia they want for the US is not a one size fits all. The people have had enough of their tax and spend social programs that will bankrupt the country, the country has to tighten it's belt buckle and eliminate programs that are foolish, like why a shrimp likes to run on a treadmill.

Something down deep tells me that Trump is very serious about making America great again, he's no Reagan but I hope to see a light at the end of the tunnel to better times. I want to see it for the younger people, they need to see improvement.

New York City should just be called a safe space with crying benches all along 5th Avenue.
I agree.

But if we are going to get serious about spending then I surely hope this is not on the backs of the poor. The military costs more then anythings and to be serious, cuts can be made there. Cuts don't have to always be on the poor.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2016, 5:19 PM
AC2OY's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Belleville,New Jersey
Posts: 2,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
Rumor has it they play jacks, jump rope, pitch pennies, play pin the tail on the donkey and swing at piņata's of Trump while crying.

After the 20th they main relaxation game will be Russian Roulette.
LOL that almost made me drop the iPad....LOL😂😂
__________________
Michael AC2OY
Kenwood TH-F6A
GRE PSR-800
Uniden 536 HP Kenwood TS-2000 Comet 250-B Diamond D3000N
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2016, 4:00 PM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,808
Default

And the liberals want to have open borders and let more of these savages in. I hope Trump makes it almost impossible for another Muslim to get into this country. And don't give me the "Not all Muslims are bad", it only takes one. Screw them all!

Gruesome ISIS video shows Turkish soldiers burned alive | Fox News
__________________
.
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2016, 6:58 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
And the liberals want to have open borders and let more of these savages in. I hope Trump makes it almost impossible for another Muslim to get into this country. And don't give me the "Not all Muslims are bad", it only takes one. Screw them all!

Gruesome ISIS video shows Turkish soldiers burned alive | Fox News
He treats Muslims better than our Vets and active duty personnel. He doesn't like to salute when greeted by them... pathetic.

All he does is stick up for them and give excuses. I think America has had enough!
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2016, 7:50 PM
Highpockets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
He treats Muslims better than our Vets and active duty personnel. He doesn't like to salute when greeted by them... pathetic.

All he does is stick up for them and give excuses. I think America has had enough!
In general, Muslims can't be trusted, and I put Obama in the same boat. Thank God we're getting rid of this pus_y he's been a complete failure. A real BUM!
__________________
.
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2016, 7:20 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
In general, Muslims can't be trusted, and I put Obama in the same boat. Thank God we're getting rid of this pus_y he's been a complete failure. A real BUM!
I don't get why everyone says this really. I am not an Obama fan but I think he has done alright in some ways. War is a big issue to me because it burdens my children with debt from the war. Me and you have went back and forth a bit about this, but do understand, war creates debt and that debt is going to have to be paid. Taxes do this and based on debt taxes will rise in the future and that will be on the backs of my children.

Obama inherited a country in a strong economic downturn thanks to Bush. We have been in an upswing for awhile now and that is thanks to policy in some ways. Consumer spending of course is still somewhat low but we are heading up.

And what does Trump plan? A 2 percent tax increase for the working poor and a cut at the top. So a cut for producers who create products and an increase for the people who buy these wares. So a diminishing in buying power that would help the economy.

Not to even mention kicking 30 million people off of health insurance which may even slow the economy more. Because some will pay more for insurance and some will just do without because of costs. Then what happens? The uninsured go to the ER for a sinus infection and can't pay so the costs get passed down to those who have health insurance therefore raising premiums and yet diminishing more buying power.

I know it's easy to allow ideology to blind us. But there is a broad picture and that tells the whole story.

I hope Trump is good, but thus far his seemingly inevitable ideas are only going to slow the economy.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by corbintechboy; 12-26-2016 at 7:24 AM..
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2016, 3:12 AM
reedeb's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 778
Default

The Economic downturn wasn't Bush's fault. 9/11 and scared people did that. MANY never recovered. You MIGHT think we are in an upswing, BUT you are WRONG!! Unemployment is higher then BEFORE Obama took office, the numbers do NOT reflect the millions STILL not working or under employed working part time or minimum wage jobs. We STILL have millions on the street no homes no food NO healthcare [even with the vaunted obamacare] Oh BTW ACA or Obamacare is a total flop. Millions who HAD insurance lost it because of ACA. I wonder how many realize where these jobs come from It AINT the small people who hire thousands it is the rich big powerful folks like Trump who hire these folks. It isn't the Government hiring thousands. I see Trump running this country as a business, getting the best from the buck. As any good business man he will worry about the bottom line. WHAT is best for MY company [and i don't mean HIS own]. Will this deal be beneficial to the US? He will have to do some hard lines and be a jerk to do this. BUT in the long run it will be better then what Obama has done for this country in 8 years. All we can do is wait and see. Likae ANY new President.
__________________
I'M the troll your Mama warned you about
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2016, 3:52 AM
Jimru's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Henrico County, VA
Posts: 1,271
Default

Trump will do for this country what he did for his businesses: bankrupt it!
Let's wait and see? Sure, we really have no choice, but his record as a so-called bidness man speaks for itself: a legacy of bankruptcy. He's only enriched himself and his family; that's all.
__________________
Addicted to all things radio for nearly 50 years, and proud of it!
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2016, 5:41 AM
   
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 0
Default

News flash Obama doubled the debt from 10 to 20 trillion dollars. That's trillion with a T. We already are bankrupt. IF Trump can't get this under control and figure out a way to pay it down, or eliminate it, there will be some very dark days ahead. Obama owns half of that...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2016, 9:12 AM
corbintechboy's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedeb View Post
The Economic downturn wasn't Bush's fault. 9/11 and scared people did that. MANY never recovered. You MIGHT think we are in an upswing, BUT you are WRONG!! Unemployment is higher then BEFORE Obama took office, the numbers do NOT reflect the millions STILL not working or under employed working part time or minimum wage jobs. We STILL have millions on the street no homes no food NO healthcare [even with the vaunted obamacare] Oh BTW ACA or Obamacare is a total flop. Millions who HAD insurance lost it because of ACA. I wonder how many realize where these jobs come from It AINT the small people who hire thousands it is the rich big powerful folks like Trump who hire these folks. It isn't the Government hiring thousands. I see Trump running this country as a business, getting the best from the buck. As any good business man he will worry about the bottom line. WHAT is best for MY company [and i don't mean HIS own]. Will this deal be beneficial to the US? He will have to do some hard lines and be a jerk to do this. BUT in the long run it will be better then what Obama has done for this country in 8 years. All we can do is wait and see. Likae ANY new President.
Well, here's todays report:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...k-in-last-four

Trump running this country as a business? Perhaps he will run it like WalMart and the he will be the largest contributer to food stamp recipients? But his cronies will work to dismantle that.

Yes, the ACA was not perfect. But there are still 30 million people who have it and who would otherwise not have insurance. And what about the Medicaid expansion? All those people who would never afford insurance now have it thanks to the ACA.

Nothing in life is free. You go back to the old system and replace it with nothing and you end up with people who can't afford insurance keeping premiums high.

Or, will republicans be the business loving idiots they are and keep the mandate but get rid of the subsidies? Oh, then we force the poor to pay for something they cannot afford creating a huge problem.

Interesting times but I sure have little hope.
__________________
"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions