Greenburgh Police(Westchester County, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I have been monitoring them for a little while and hear everything the same as normal. 460.525 P25 NAC:156. Is there any other concrete evidence that Greenburg PD is encrypted? What kind of equipment did you see? :unsure:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Greenburgh Police Department is now Encrypted. Saw their equipment in a police cruiser yesterday so they are off P-25 now.
Your post doesn't make much sense, so perhaps you can clarify in detail what exactly you're attempting to convey. :unsure:

ff026

Feed Provider
The LEO in the car told me that they just went encrypted! He talked to me in detail as my son is a LEO too.

Ding Ding. Ding. We have a winner it only took you 2 posts to in this thread to either:

A: state your an exempt fireman

B: that you have lived in Westchester County and know everything and every frequency.

C: your son is a LEO officer, hence your an expert in all law enforcement conversations!

So C it is!!

Danny37

Sorta off-topic: but unlike most of us here on RR, LEO's tend to be not so savy when it comes to radios. Some people think just because they're running digital or p25 they can't be monitored, digital encryption and digital operation are two different things which can coincide with each other. To most Leo's a radio is a tool, they're taught how to turn the radio on, use the PTT and how to change channels. Firefighters/EMT's on the other hand, tend to be more radio-savy in my experience.

Bob1955

Ding Ding. Ding. We have a winner it only took you 2 posts to in this thread to either:

A: state your an exempt fireman

B: that you have lived in Westchester County and know everything and every frequency.

C: your son is a LEO officer, hence your an expert in all law enforcement conversations!

So C it is!!
If they are off P25, what mode did they move to?
If it’s not P25, how do you know it’s encrypted?
The LEO showed me the system. Why are you guys so MAD? This is why I won't purchase a "DIGITAL" scanner. I won't spend all that money for a HEAVY paperweight when not only Yonkers Police has gone encrypted but now Greenburgh Police too.
The LEO showed me the radio console and they just switched. I'm no longer discussing this. It is a WASTE of my time.
Have a GREAT Spring everyone.

Bob1955

Sorta off-topic: but unlike most of us here on RR, LEO's tend to be not so savy when it comes to radios. Some people think just because they're running digital or p25 they can't be monitored, digital encryption and digital operation are two different things which can coincide with each other. To most Leo's a radio is a tool, they're taught how to turn the radio on, use the PTT and how to change channels. Firefighters/EMT's on the other hand, tend to be more radio-savy in my experience.
Danny37,
Not only am I a ham radio operator, I am STILL a member of my fire department and probably know more about this then MOST people on here.
Anyhow, I will NO longer engage in this thread/conversation so I hope everyone has a great Spring.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Ok. Bottom line here is that Greenburgh PD is still the same. I still hear it clear as day.460.525 P25 NAC:156 No change. Let's not get our panties in a bunch based off of one Assumption. Let's sit back and wait and monitor and see if they become encrypted. And if they do change I'm sure someone will back up your claim and say they are, and submit more info into the DB.

Last edited:

Bob1955

Ok. Bottom line here is that greenburgh PD is still the same. I still hear it clear as day. No change. Lets not get our panties in a bunch based off of one Assumption. Lets sit back and wait and monotor and see if they become encrypted. And if they do change im sure someone will back up your claim and say they are, and submit more info into the DB.
seagravebuff60, YOU are a nice person. I guess the LEO meant that they are now in the process of changing over since they border Yonkers.
Hoe you have a great day and many thanks.

wtp

it could be sales talk.
as the salesman punches in 460.525 into his pro2001 (circa 1980) scanner and gets a staticy sound out of it.
he then tells them "see it is encrypted, and this is what the bad guys will hear".
see 162.55 comes in from miles away fine and clear.
salesmen, can't live with them. can't get caught killing them...something like that.

ff026

Feed Provider
Danny37,
Not only am I a ham radio operator, I am STILL a member of my fire department and probably know more about this then MOST people on here.
Anyhow, I will NO longer engage in this thread/conversation so I hope everyone has a great Spring.

You don’t know squat, based on your replies. Your a fountain of misinformation. Your standard answer for every post is your an exempt fireman you worked in New Rochelle 40 years ago and your son is a LEO down south. Wow you are a ham. Go get some mustard and make a sandwich then.
Please do us all a favor stop posting you have no clue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.