Jackson Co. MPSCS transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

j2840fl

Everything is looking correct in the database, there are a few missing and have been submitted:

JPD 11169

LEIN 11194

County is using P911

whelanjacoba

Ok thanks..the JPD tg was the one I was looking for in particular. I've been hearing the out county all morning off the Jackson tower loud and clear.
I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong but I haven’t been able to hear the new city or county. I have all the talk groups and frequencies entered correctly for the new system and still nothing. I can hear msp and the hospital just fine. I’m using a whistler 1040

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong but I haven’t been able to hear the new city or county. I have all the talk groups and frequencies entered correctly for the new system and still nothing. I can hear msp and the hospital just fine. I’m using a whistler 1040

Well its been shown in other threads about the fact whistlers are terrible in simulcast areas as this is, your experience is common. Unidens fair better, best one is sds 100/200 expensive certainly. lesser priced 325p2, 996p2 do pretty well.
Workaround is try by turning on the attenuater because the whistlers cant handle so much signal and even try a paperclip as an antenna to try and kill the signal. All you need is one tower out of the four in use ideally and you'll get the whole county.
See this thread https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/ws1040-ws1065-vs-simulcast-800.381540/
FYI in that thread mentioned about new whistler scanners, but they announced later they arent going to produce "TRX-100 handheld and TRX-200 mobile scanner "

and https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/the-paper-clip-antenna.237694/
be advised they are using pro 106/197's that are earlier versions of yours. Those models made by GRE fared better in simulcast situations.

A directional antenna pointed at a tower would help too, but would really defeat the purpose of owning a portable radio.

Last edited:

j2840fl

Agreed, when we went simulcast, my SDS200 and Unication G5 are solid, others not so much. I would still check your programming, if you are hearing some talkgroups, it may be a programming error. If you are hearing garbled audio, following @Ronaldski s advice can help.

whelanjacoba

Agreed, when we went simulcast, my SDS200 and Unication G5 are solid, others not so much. I would still check your programming, if you are hearing some talkgroups, it may be a programming error. If you are hearing garbled audio, following @Ronaldski s advice can help.
So I have found that turning the squelch all the way down to 0 has put the scanner up to 99% with the system anywhere in the house. Only downfall is the county still uses the VHF frequencies for fire and rescue so it will be difficult to listen to both.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
What is the current disposition of the following police related frequencies? I saw in the article that police already switched, fire is in two weeks.
Are these being used anymore or in some cases ever used? THANKS!

Already set to deprecated -> 151.47500 KQD836 BM 114.8 PL Jackson Co Polce Jackson County Police FMN Law Dispatch
Already set to deprecated -> 155.59500 KQD836 RM 114.8 PL JcksonCounty PD1 Countywide Police Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch
Already set to deprecated -> 151.04000 KQD836 RM 203.5 PL Jackson City PD1 City of Jackson Police Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch
Already set to deprecated -> 154.72500 WPYM904 RM 114.8 PL JcksonConty LEIN Countywide Police LEIN FMN Law Tac
155.31000 KQD836 BM 114.8 PL Jckson Cnty PD 2 Countywide Police Tactical FMN Law Tac
154.89000 KQD836 BM 114.8 PL Jcksn County PD3 Countywide Police Tactical (S.W.A.T.) FMN Law Tac
155.95500 KNJL494 BM 114.8 PL JckCnty Anml Cnt County Sheriff: Animal Control Operations FMN Law Tac
151.41500 WQGF206 RM 051 DPL JckCnty CourtHSc County Sheriff: Courthouse Security Operations FMN Law Tac
159.22500 WQGF206 RM 612 DPL Jackson Cnty DOC County Sheriff: Jail Operations FMN Corrections

Blackman-Leoni Township

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
151.13000 KNNV352 RM 203.5 PL Blckmn LeoniPS 1 Public Safety Dispatch FMN Multi-Dispatch
155.71500 KNNV352 BM 114.8 PL BlckmnLeoni PS 2 Public Safety Tactical FMN Multi-Tac

155.77500 WNJD917 BM 114.8 PL Columbia PD-FD Public Works/Police/Fire [Ch 5] FMN Multi-Talk

Jackson
460.50000 KQA927 M 136.5 PL Jackson PD Car Police Car-to-Car FMN Law Tac

Napoleon Township

155.77500 WSI988 BM Napoleon PD/FD Police / Fire Operations FMN Multi-Talk
151.46000 WPYM962 RM Napoleon PD Tac Police Tactical FMN Law Tac

Village of Springport

155.01000 WPJV971 BM SprngPort PubSaf Police / Fire Operations FMN Multi-Talk

i5adam8

I've noticed that since Wednesday morning,the audio has been kind of choppy and signal quality isn't that great. I mean it sounds great when it is recieving but then for no apparent reason the signal dumps on the next transmission. I'm monitoring on a RadioShack pro-106 and I live in Northern Jackson county Henrietta township. Prior to the switch I didn't have this issue,I could monitor all MPSCS traffic perfectly from the Munith Tower.

GeneseeCoMI

I've noticed that since Wednesday morning,the audio has been kind of choppy and signal quality isn't that great. I mean it sounds great when it is recieving but then for no apparent reason the signal dumps on the next transmission. I'm monitoring on a RadioShack pro-106 and I live in Northern Jackson county Henrietta township. Prior to the switch I didn't have this issue,I could monitor all MPSCS traffic perfectly from the Munith Tower.

That's called simulcast signal distortion:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion

j2840fl

@Ronaldski Most of the townships will continue operations on their local government channels for various reasons. Once the transition has been in place for all departments, I'll let you know what traffic I hear on the county analog simulcast system. Currently, it's just been the fire departments who haven't transitioned yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.