RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Prairies and Pacific Coast

Prairies and Pacific Coast Forum for discussing radio information in the Alberta, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Yukon and British Columbia provinces.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 12:21 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

For some reason, the Calgary Airport site has changed RFSS/Site from 102 to 31, it seems. No idea why, and 31 is supposed to be a single-frequency site down in Monarch. I'm not planning on submitting the changed site number until it becomes more evident if this is a permanent change.
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2014, 1:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

I'll be cruising around the county and the reserve again today. See if anything else pops up down here. Monarch should be no problem from my house
Old 02-02-2014, 1:48 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I am absolutely convinced I'm not hearing Monarch. They're using that site's ID, but it's definitely in Calgary. Not sure why (they changed the ID). I believe they're using Calgary Airport as a test bed of sorts for various things right now.

Radnor VHF changed a while back from broadcasting 95-95 (same as the 700 site) to 247-247, IIRC. Probably not related, but it could be for any reason.. I'm not considering anything cast in stone until they actually get users onto the system.
Old 02-11-2014, 1:37 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default AFRRCS NW Alta

Just lying here after my back surgery searching between 770 and 775 and have had absolutly no hits. even on the established??? towers located around the area. Its to bad that they have gone the Protected frequency's up here after they have completed the lower provences systems.... we must be special in the North ha ha. I'll keep monitoring and searching to see if anything comes up.

on another note I can't beleive some truckers.... driving thru GP and just a chit chatting away one the Alta RCMP T9 channel, they'e using a ctcss of 123.0 but calling every st and ave they're traveling on...loosers for sure like wake up dummies
Old 02-11-2014, 1:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

I was listening to TAC9 in Valleyview this morning and they are RCMP unmarked units, not truckers. They were on their way to an undisclosed location south of GP.
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2014, 1:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The closest site to GP that I have heard CC data from is Two Creeks, south of Fox Creek. Slowly but surely it will make it your way.
Old 02-11-2014, 1:53 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Red face

yes I heard VV also, but T9 is cs and these guys were using 123.0 and they're stop was Waste Management disposal in the County of GP industrial park. 3 of them on air with detailed discription of they're route...
Old 02-11-2014, 2:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

T9 is CS receive but 123.0 Transmit. Homicide from Edmonton checking into the dump maybe? Don't think truckers would be stupid enough to use that channel.
Old 02-11-2014, 2:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yeah, T9 is sending tone in most detachment areas I monitor these days.
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I know this is about the new radio system coming in but have to comment on TAC 9. There are listings for Search and Rescue and I know in Calgary they use that frequency [although not listed in IC database]. And generally just using portable radios. Have heard Citizens on Patrol as well [not in Calgary]. I did not do a tone search.
Old 02-12-2014, 8:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Global news reports special RCMP team searching a dump near GP. Murder charges have been laid.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Found this online today.

Harris Corporation - AFRRCS Enhancing Public Safety - YouTube

Several times you see people in a warehouse-like building with lots of large white boxes in them. Those are the comm shacks for each tower site - they're fabricated in Calgary with all the gear in them, then put on a truck and delivered to the tower, plugged in etc., and off it goes.

Which makes me wonder why we still only see half-a-dozen sites in the Calgary area turned on..... :/
Old 02-12-2014, 11:54 PM

I have driven out to the Leduc site [as per Jay911 Google maps] twice and have found a old tower and some segments of a new tower on the ground. The segments for the new tower look to me as it will be a much taller tower than the one on the site now. Ledcor has construction site signs on the gate and from what I have found Ledcor is at least one contracted to be build towers. So with that information I believe the site is correct and I am hoping that this spring it will be built. As I have time I'll pop out that way and keep you informed. Also having the 536 hopefully will help me in finding frequencies and other information once Leduc becomes active.
Old 02-13-2014, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Found this online today.

Harris Corporation - AFRRCS Enhancing Public Safety - YouTube

Several times you see people in a warehouse-like building with lots of large white boxes in them. Those are the comm shacks for each tower site - they're fabricated in Calgary with all the gear in them, then put on a truck and delivered to the tower, plugged in etc., and off it goes.

Which makes me wonder why we still only see half-a-dozen sites in the Calgary area turned on..... :/
Kind of amusing that the only two user groups they could find to endorse it, probably won't even use it.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:23 AM

I would think STARS would have to be using AFRRCS to talk to the RCMP and other provincial agencies (F&W, CVE, & Parks) for landing zone communication.

As far as CFD, they are spending a lot of time and effort to work with Harris, so I don't see how they are not going to be using AFRRCS. (That is not just a guess on my part, I have seen it personally)
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2014, 11:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Multi million dollar system for air to ground when a simplex frequency would work. Oh wait they use that now and it works just fine. That's if the ground units even have a VHF/UHF radio in them.
Old 02-14-2014, 8:14 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I took them a week to get the SOW set up in Calgary... Hope they can improve on that time in the future...
Old 02-21-2014, 7:23 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

A few microwave sites in pending status are visible on Spectrum Direct today. One "new" site appears to be "Drumheller 2", which looks to be a couple miles SE of Delia.
Old 02-21-2014, 6:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Sounds like it is close to the Hand Hills. That should give it a huge range, at least, in all directions.
Old 02-21-2014, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
A few microwave sites in pending status are visible on Spectrum Direct today. One "new" site appears to be "Drumheller 2", which looks to be a couple miles SE of Delia.

Are you going to add it to google maps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags