RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Prairies and Pacific Coast

Prairies and Pacific Coast - Forum for discussing radio information in the Alberta, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Yukon and British Columbia provinces.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 3:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug_27 View Post
as far as I can tell both Tango 1 & 2 use the same UID's St Paul fire radio's just came on line today
but I can't see fire station's & a peace offers using the same TG ID & I don't know how to see if they are using a patch group ?
Are you able to monitor the old system the Peace Officers were or are on to see if it's simulcast with AFRRCS? For safety reasons the Peace Officers shouldn't be sharing the same radio Id. Perhaps it's a radio programming issue. It sounds pretty clean to me for a patch.
Old 02-24-2017, 3:05 PM

I should also mention that I'm hearing the TG 1351 on the Bonnyville afrrcs tower 84 witch Bonnyville dispatch services use in town hear.
Old 02-24-2017, 3:09 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Generally you'll hear talkgroups on specific towers for one of two reasons.

(1) A radio tuned to that talkgroup is signed on to that tower.

(2) The system admin has configured the talkgroup to be broadcast on that tower regardless of if any users are signed on there.

You can usually tell if (1) is in effect if you have Unitrunker or PRO96COM (or similar) running, but it's impossible to know if (2) is configured for a particular talkgroup unless you get the data from the sysadmin.

So, which tower you hear a conversation on, because of item (2), has little to do with where the conversation is happening.
Old 02-24-2017, 3:12 PM

yah I'm not sure what the peace officers vhf freq is may be fire is just using it to test for now till they get their own TG

I don't use that special soft ware Unitrunker or PRO96COM just set up my scanner for the control channel and let buck buck that's all I do for this new AFRRCS LOL

all I know is the dispach centre from Bonnyville is dispatching on 1351 for the peace officers and now some uid for fire are showing up on 1351 the same as the peace officers

Last edited by mciupa; 02-24-2017 at 3:41 PM.. Reason: three fragments merged to one post
Old 02-24-2017, 3:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default TG 1351

Quote:
I should also mention that I'm hearing the TG 1351 on the Bonnyville afrrcs tower 84 witch Bonnyville dispatch services use in town hear.
I was hearing 1351 traffic on the Hairy Hill site yesterday.

Wonder how soon until the Bonnyville Site reaches PTT denial. Surprised they are allowing a dispatch centre to be on RF to the network, compared to IP direct to the switch.
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2017, 3:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default St Paul CPO's

Quote:
yah I'm not sure what the peace officers vhf freq is may be fire is just using it to test for now till they get their own TG

I don't use that special soft ware Unitrunker or PRO96COM just set up my scanner for the control channel and let buck buck that's all I do for this new AFRRCS LOL

all I know is the dispach centre from Bonnyville is dispatching on 1351 for the peace officers and now some uid for fire are showing up on 1351 the same as the peace officers
I've never been able to find a seperate VHF freq for them. Fire has an in-town repeater, PW has 2 simplex frequencies. One of the simplex frequencies might have been used in the past. I also wouldn't be surprised that they were on IDEN-MIKE in the past.
Old 02-24-2017, 4:06 PM

well I know Bonnyville has a large amount public safety agency's they dispach for and have all kinds of different radios they uses so knows ?
Old 02-24-2017, 4:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
well I know Bonnyville has a large amount public safety agency's they dispach for and have all kinds of different radios they uses so knows ?
They are also the PSAP for the region so increased use of AFRRCS will be very likely.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 4:17 PM

I can say that afrrcs is sure taking off around hear pretty fast now
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2017, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidulock View Post
I was hearing 1351 traffic on the Hairy Hill site yesterday.

Wonder how soon until the Bonnyville Site reaches PTT denial. Surprised they are allowing a dispatch centre to be on RF to the network, compared to IP direct to the switch.
Dispatch centres are supposed to go in via IP(wireless/optical/copper), unless they can show that having a RF on the site(Mobile radio hooked to console) will not adversely effect site/system loading.
Old 02-24-2017, 5:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
Dispatch centres are supposed to go in via IP(wireless/optical/copper), unless they can show that having a RF on the site(Mobile radio hooked to console) will not adversely effect site/system loading.
That's the plan but currently AHS EMS AFRRCS in Edmonton is using mobiles hooked up to the consoles. That eventually will have to change. Sure there are other examples during transition period.
Old 02-24-2017, 9:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Generally you'll hear talkgroups on specific towers for one of two reasons.

(1) A radio tuned to that talkgroup is signed on to that tower.

(2) The system admin has configured the talkgroup to be broadcast on that tower regardless of if any users are signed on there.

You can usually tell if (1) is in effect if you have Unitrunker or PRO96COM (or similar) running, but it's impossible to know if (2) is configured for a particular talkgroup unless you get the data from the sysadmin.

So, which tower you hear a conversation on, because of item (2), has little to do with where the conversation is happening.
they wont configure a site to broadcast a talk group at this time. so a radio will have to be signed onto it for the traffic.(sadly)
Old 02-25-2017, 5:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post Blood Band Police confirmed as Agency 4

Just heard from a Lethbridge area RR member who reports hearing clear voice transmissions on tg 171 and 172. It is the Blood Band Police and they are using Alpha call signs. Traffic stops on the reserve. Radio Id's like 40013. Wonder if other band services will fill in additional talk groups.

I did hear testing on 171 up here with an agency 4 radio but never knew what it was. Thanks to the member who solved it and watch for additional talk groups above 172.
Old 02-28-2017, 1:46 PM

I heard TG 475 come on today on the Cold Lake afrrcs tower & all they said was testing fish & wildlife, system wide all call then no more activity.
Old 02-28-2017, 3:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I heard TG 475 come on today on the Cold Lake afrrcs tower & all they said was testing fish & wildlife, system wide all call then no more activity.
Heard the same in Edmonton this morning.
Old 03-20-2017, 3:16 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Lot of EFRS testing over the past week including patching from the current EDACS system.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question County of Lethbridge additions

Thanks to who ever posted the Coaldale Peace Officers and Lethbridge County additions. I have a question about talk group 157 which shows as Law Dispatch PRCC. What does PRCC stand for? Should it be PSCC in Lethbridge the Public Safety Control Center or is It Peace River Correctional Center and it was accidently put in the wrong county? It has me puzzled but I may be missing something obvious.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Team Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryshute View Post
Thanks to who ever posted the Coaldale Peace Officers and Lethbridge County additions. I have a question about talk group 157 which shows as Law Dispatch PRCC. What does PRCC stand for? Should it be PSCC in Lethbridge the Public Safety Control Center or is It Peace River Correctional Center and it was accidently put in the wrong county? It has me puzzled but I may be missing something obvious.
Will look further into this.

Likely, the Provincial Radio Control Centre.

Last edited by mciupa; 03-29-2017 at 1:14 PM..
Old 03-29-2017, 12:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The PRCC is the same centre used by commercial vehicle enforcement. I can't remember what that stands for tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 1:31 PM

Provincial Radio Contact Center

Tags