SK PPSTN Site Locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Just as i thought, there is a second site in yorkton. Not sure of the reason to use a SOW for the radio shack, but they did. lol Site 251 (FB) with a CC of 143.085 or 143.0875... im thinking the last one though. From the picture of the SOW, you can see the site ID number. Is there a specific spacing from cc to alternates? Will see if i can find the rest of the channels.

Attachments

• IMG_8216.JPG
    IMG_8216.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 334

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The control channel is probably 143.085. I am not aware of any 7.5KHz channels in use in Canada... Yet... VHF is 15KHz steps, not 12.5KHz

Edit:

The system uses 138&139MHz channels, nothing showing above 140MHz... The database shows only 138&139MHz frequencies for site 251. What system ID is that site putting out on the control channel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Theory: SOW is there to take the place of the site while it is refurbished? Or perhaps there is a need for additional bandwidth/capacity for an event?

IIRC wasn't somebody else coming up with "new sites" on a different WACN or SID temporarily a few months back?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Theory: SOW is there to take the place of the site while it is refurbished? Or perhaps there is a need for additional bandwidth/capacity for an event?

IIRC wasn't somebody else coming up with "new sites" on a different WACN or SID temporarily a few months back?

Yes there was some posts about a different system ID, but they were still 138&139MHz frequencies.

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Nope... those are the frequencies im getting data from... cc 143.085 , others 143.175, 143.430, 143.280 .... there may be others This is the site in the RRDB showing 251 (FB) I get the NAC:FB on all those channels, and i have had both EMS, FD voice and RCMP enc. The site would of been there for a while now.... would have to ask my bro how long they have been using the tower. I would assume they are renting a spot on the tower till the erect there own. This site links the other local tower, the RCMP Stn. and the Saltcoats Cell tower. I will confirm that one tomorrow as well.

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
What WACN and SysID?

No idea... Just getting the NAC in DSD+ and used the BCD436 to search the band for the others. Pluged them into my Dtap unit and voila... i had incoming comms

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Well the frequencies do not match the site according to RRDB.

Edit. Jay beat me to it.

Also... i believe the saltcoats site is in the same band plan... but cant remember... will check tomorrow. Would think they would need to add another bandplan to cover expansion.... remember, this site will cover a HUGE area with its height. Tallest one yet

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Are you picking up those frequencies with your scanner or sdr? Those sticks can sometimes be inaccurate if not calibrated

Scanner... no SDR as of yet, hence not getting the SYSID... once updated, i will be able to check with my 436 using analyse. not sure of any other way.

My set up consisted of a BCD436HP running a conventional scan for links, a BCD75 for the same and removed antenna while on CC to make sure it was that exact tower, and DCD+ running both CC and alts with a Dtap'd PRO-2025 with ext. ant. (Old School) lol. I can pick this tower up from 50km away, but with poor decoding.(Still shows NAC FB (251)
I confirm the towers by both what is in the RRDB, Conventional Searches, adn the DSD+ setup. Tomorrow after work, i want to check another site out that is not in the DB.

Also, i just noticed the RRDB only shows 1 of the 2 Regina 800mhz sites... might have to spend a day there to locate them and get the bandplan down as well. Only issue i have is i dont have a dtap'd unit to do 800mhz yet or a SRD. lol

Cheers

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Ok... I got unitrunker to work with my DTap'd unit.... running local site now, and will confirm the yorkton sites tomorrow. Will take me a bit to get it all figured out, but ill get it. :)

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Run unitrunker on that VHF site you found...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got it working, and submitted the info on the Yorkton 251 site... As I expected, it's is in the 143mhz
NAC 0FB
SYSID 00A
WACN 0000A
Control 143.0850
Remainder of freq submitted.
And there is a ton of action.
Found another 00C with NAC 10 as I suspected as well, but will post that one later

Cheers

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Sent in a few new towers today, will be checking tomorrow the Pilot Butte tower again and checking for a new SYSID in the area... Im almost positive there is another in the area.

BC_Scan

The control channel is probably 143.085. I am not aware of any 7.5KHz channels in use in Canada... Yet... VHF is 15KHz steps, not 12.5KHz

Be careful what
you wish for IC gave a license to the local gas co, two sites intitially, now expanded to 4 (I believe) fir st format LTR all VHF with 7.5 k spacing , each site with 5 voice ,at any given time one channel would show up in use, now its expanded with same freqs but switched to NXDN ,

ryan433pk

Really enjoying this thread - I'll have to keep a lookout for those signs. I'm heading up to Beauval this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to find a couple new sites

Status
Not open for further replies.