BCD325P2/BCD996P2: New to AFRRCS & have a question or 2......

Status
Not open for further replies.

All_Ears

Hi, I'm new here, just downloaded the AFRRCS onto a UNIDEN BCD996P2 & given a short memory I cannot remember if the system is a standard or one trunk system. Probably a dumb question but then again I just have to ask........

A friend told me to use a yagi for better reception. Right now I have a disclone but don't know if it would really make a difference. The nearest tower is a couple of miles away. Thoughts ???

Thanks for your patience, we all have to start somewhere. Ha !

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I'm new here, just downloaded the AFRRCS onto a UNIDEN BCD996P2 & given a short memory I cannot remember if the system is a standard or one trunk system. Probably a dumb question but then again I just have to ask........

A friend told me to use a yagi for better reception. Right now I have a disclone but don't know if it would really make a difference. The nearest tower is a couple of miles away. Thoughts ???

Thanks for your patience, we all have to start somewhere. Ha !

I'd go with the discone rather than a Yagi. Both will do the tower a few miles away but the discone will allow you to hear various towers in the area. If you're trying hear
the close tower and one distant you could point the Yagi at the distant one.

Status
Not open for further replies.