• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

List of US P25 Systems - May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

Voyager

Yes, nice find. But, I wonder how accurate it is.

OH MARCS is listed as P25 Phase II and MARCS-IP is listed as P25 Phase I while MARCS is Motorola with CAI P25 and MARCS-IP is reportedly Phase II capable.

ecps92

Amazing how the links go right back to the RRDB

The Project 25 Technology Interest Group has published a data base list of all known P25 Systems in the USA and territories.
The data is presented in two lists; one with 599 entries for Project 25 Phase 1 Systems and a second list of Project 25 Phase2 systems
with 110 entries. This is a total of 709 known P25 systems operating in the US.

Project 25 Technology Interest Group Publishes List of P25 Systems in the USA. May 2015

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Amazing how the links go right back to the RRDB

I was gonna comment on that. The list appears to be just a reprint of the RR database.
How do I know? Several of the NC based systems (including the one I help manage/maintain) have the exact same unique names as listed in the RR database. :lol:

Marshall KE4ZNR

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It's completely just an RRDB dump. Not only are "unique names" from the RRDB used, but systems that cross state boundaries are listed once for each state they show up in (i.e. 14C).

I opened this thread thinking that someone had cataloged all P25 systems with vendor information somehow, so we'd figure out who the "unid" systems were. I leave disappointed.

Oh - and all hail the great state of Arizonia in the Phase 1 document. ;)

Voyager

If it's just a RR dump, how did MARCS get listed as P25 Phase II when RR makes no reference to that? Ahhh... I think I know. Someone just 'scanned' the types for II, so any Motorola Type II system is listed as P25 Phase II.

IOW, really crappy job of compilation. Like you, Jay, I was expecting more.

Yes, nice find. But, I wonder how accurate it is.
It's not.

What this is, appears to be a listing of all P25 TRUNKED systems, both Phase 1 and 2, and more than likely still not completely accurate.

In the states that I have direct knowledge of, there are a number of P25 conventional systems that I know exist (some that I put up, myself), but are not on this list. So, I would file it under the "that's nice" category. One might still deduce that this number of deployments in the entire pool of public safety and industrial users still do not paint a picture of a market that has fully embraced the technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.