• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NAC Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denseglow

I didn't mean an extensive one by one list, that would obviously be quite long. I was just curious as to how they were formed. Thanks

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
PL to NAC Code Plan

Not sure if anyone has ever followed this little plan, but here the APCO people suggest the following NAC codes for PL tones.

I've never found if any agency who uses mix-mode or who use to use analog and is now digital uses this plan or not.

Attachments

• nac_codes.JPG
    nac_codes.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 9,752
N

N_Jay

NeFire242 said:
Not sure if anyone has ever followed this little plan, but here the APCO people suggest the following NAC codes for PL tones.

I've never found if any agency who uses mix-mode or who use to use analog and is now digital uses this plan or not.

Not an APCO document and obsolete.
-----------------------------------------
CTCSS to NAC Conversion
Early TIA documents specifi ed a formula for converting analog CTCSS
tones and DCS codes to specifi c NAC codes. Those documents have
since been removed and the selection of NAC codes has been left
to the user. Some government agencies have defi ned a conversion
table for their own use for translating CTCSS to NAC codes (eg. State
of California and others).
Shown below is the early TIA conversion table from CTCSS to
NAC codes. These codes were determined by taking the CTCSS
frequency and multiplying it by ten, then converting the integer result
to a hexadecimal number.

10-95

N_Jay said:
No, he wanted a list! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He needs to grab a pen and paper, start at $000 and work up to $FFF and he'l have a list. You might be surprised at how many agencys
actually use 293 as theiR NAC in conevtional mode.

Last edited:
N

N_Jay

10-95 said:
He needs to grab a pen and paper, start at $000 and work up to $FFF and he'l have a list. You might be surprised at how many agencys
actually use 293 as theiR NAC in conevtional mode.

We can do it in Excel faster.

SCPD

QRT
e911god said:
What is the NAC for open carrier...$F7F or $F7E ?
Thats funny. The info is in the same Daniels Electronic document quoted by NJay above (in the page just before).

F7E is for subscriber units (will accept any NAC).
F7F is for repeaters (will accept and pass-thru any NAC).

Seeing either of these actually transmitted is probably a misconfiguration.

-rick

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Are most digital repeaters out of the box set to $293? That has pretty much been the norm NAC for P25 ham systems.

10-95

e911god said:
Are most digital repeaters out of the box set to $293? That has pretty much been the norm NAC for P25 ham systems.

That's the usual default for new P25 products from Motorola.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
e911god said:
What is the NAC for open carrier...$F7F or $F7E ?

This is right out of Motorola documentation:

293 Default NAC code for Motorola subscribers

F7E Receiver unsquelch on any incoming NAC (aka Digital Carrier Squelch)
Mobile, Portable, Repeater or Base

F7F Repeater will pass the incoming NAC transparently and TX the same NAC.
Repeater Only

My Quantar is set for F7E and by default transmits 293 and there is no way to change it.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
So how would one find the NAC codes for let's say the atf or other similar agencies?

Or how would you find the NAC codes for local public safety VHF or UHF?

I can see where DPS in Texas has some use of NAC codes but how do you find some of these without having to search out almost 5,000 possibilities?

Thanx....

mancow

Database Admin
KS4VT said:
This is right out of Motorola documentation:

My Quantar is set for F7E and by default transmits 293 and there is no way to change it.

Why?

I thought you could reprogram those with Quantar RSS.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
It is hard coded with CPS version 13 and above to default to 293 when Digital Carrier Squelch (DCS) is enabled in the Access Code Table.

I didn't write the software, I just use it.

Wayne

Premium Subscriber
remod said:
....I can see where DPS in Texas has some use of NAC codes but how do you find some of these without having to search out almost 5,000 possibilities?

Thanx....

Check the RR Trunker/decoder forum. There is a thread on NAC decoding.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.