S.I.M. now on SERAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
As of this morning i am noticing all Montreal Fire comms are on SERAM including 1st responder calls and nothing on the old system..

I am picking up alot of S.I.M communication on T/G's 50001 & 50003 which were not in the database

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Of what i've heard, they are keeping those + they add all the frequencys for the old system as simplex frequencys. There will probably be a delay for that in case they need to switch back again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Note that B-6 is a conventional and not P25!
b96549c79495eb8590ac346386b6627d.jpg

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The biggest complaint from FDs using P25 radios is that the codec tends to pick up too much of the background noise and make the voice unintelligible (to the point where the US NIST was doing studies). I *believe* this has been "fixed" in newer generations of radio but if it were me, I'd rather have analog. No need for digital on the fireground, really.

ETA: https://www.nfpa.org/Assets/files/AboutTheCodes/1802/NIST - Handheld Fire Fighter Radio Testing.pdf Don't confuse phases of the test as described with "P25 Phase II" - two different things. You should be able to track down other info from what's here if you are really interested.

Last edited:

RickoBev

Hi,
Why some scanners are not receiving the patched group. Are they on P2 or do we have something special to do when programming? I'm having a BCD325P2, a 436 and a 536. Thanks for your help.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Hi,
Why some scanners are not receiving the patched group. Are they on P2 or do we have something special to do when programming? I'm having a BCD325P2, a 436 and a 536. Thanks for your help.

The radioreference data base is continuously being updated the SG-1 to SG-8 talk groups werent in the SERAM sentinal database when i downloaded it a month ago... you need to update your sentinal database on your 436/536 hp.. just tonight i saw there is now 2 control channels instead of 1 for the publique securite site.. its still in the beginning stages..i assume there will more changes..additions and tweeking in the next few weeks..

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
The CC are actually alterning. One week is one CC the other week is the other. To eliminate deterioration of the repeter do to heavy usage! SG-1 to SG-8 are not P2 group. I get them very good with my PSR-500.

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Well, actually they are assigned a TG like before.. Its one of the 14 CMD TG. Then the dispatch patch all the groups that he follow into one SG TG to simplify his work

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Do you think it will ever simplified and easier to follow like the old system with the Alpha / charlie t/gs were? Instead of everything being patched?

I'm sure they are just patched because not every single radio has been switched over. How many hundred pieces of fire apparatus and how many HTs assigned to personnel? :)

Our local system used to do a lot of patching of local talkgroups to regional talkgroups for large events for no apparent reason. They finally gave that up last year. Perhaps everyone finally learned how the channel knobs worked!

I haven't been listening lately - is the Broadcastify stream still running OK?

VORTAC

Database Admin
There is an emergency call per group, up to 10 groups for operations. Since they do not have ten dispatchers, they perform a patching group. Nothing has changed in their operating mode except that the links can be heard on the new 5000x groups.

Giddeup

Premium Subscriber
If I enter the frequencies into my PSR-500, it sounds like garbled encrypted. Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you're looking for the new fire TAC frequencies, somebody posted them to the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.