Ray Jefferson Analog RDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetsJug

This is cool, a forum for my new toy. I just bought a Ray Jefferson 640 RDF... AM/FM/VHF/LW Analog Old School Direction Finder.

I looked them up online and they go for a dollar up to $150. I guess $50 was a good price considering ths one is in excellent condition. The insides look so clean. The chrome needs a little polishing, but it looks like it was kept in a dry basement.
chetsjug-albums-chet-s-hunker-hut-picture4087-ray-jefferson-640-rdf.jpg

I see there is a 670 model. I didnt find any on ebay, but there were 4 or 5 units here...

marineradiosz.info/ray-jefferson-rdf-radio-fm

see ya

Last edited:

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
I remember back when I was young playing around with my uncles Ray Jeff D/F radio. It was so cool to me as it had buttons that regular radios didnt have. And that big thing on top made that radio stand out from all the other radios I got my lil hands on. :)

I have used a RDF/ADF when flying an older model Cessna. At the time, GPS was not on the panel so I learned how to use DF equipment and over time, learned to trusted it for basic triangulation.

Lots of cool stuff on the medium and lower bands. Lots of good info to be found here on RR.

Best of luck with it Chet!

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.