• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2012 Dodge Ram Ing noise issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Having issues with Ignition noise on my VHF Hi band radio. Have put a filter on the positive and negative wires and its still there. I have a 3db gain left fender mount and radio hooked to battery. VHF lo band has no such issue and as well hooked to battery. Tried moving antenna that didnt work.....Any ideas out there...Radio is a motorola PM 400,i have same set up in a 2100 dodge 1/2 ton antenna mounted on roof and no issues that radio is a CM 300.

HDMechanic

Nothing you can due but live with the noise. I have been told the noise is caused by the fuel injection system and I havent heard of a fix. I know a couple of pepole with this problem in their Dodge pickups.

_Wilson_

Premium Subscriber
i had a 97 dodge cummins that would cause noise on low band, never did find an answer, and it didn't matter if the radio was mounted in it or a another vihicle parked too close, when it was running, and a radio was within 50ft the radio would lockup .

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
Mtnrider, private message me your phone number and I will call you regarding the problem.

_Wilson_

Premium Subscriber
This is a Gas powered and my 2011 dont have the issue.....odd

yeah i don't think dodge puts cummins in half tons, another thing, i forgot, is the interference my radio was getting sounded more like a fire tone out, noting like static or alternator noise. really odd.

hope you can get it figured out

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Would it be an insurmountable task to swap your two radios around just to rule out an issue with the PM 400 radio?

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Check your alternator on your vehicle. I had a noise that came from mine that sounded like what your describing. Changed my alternator and it fixed the problem.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Its not he radio i had a relm in there till the other day and it did the same thing. As far as the alternator. the truck has 5500 miles on it and has done it since day one.....hope its not that...

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
I have had this issue since I bought my 2012 ram also. Been to the dealer numerous times. Installed capacitors, more grounding , bonding and can't get rid of it.

_Wilson_

Premium Subscriber
I have had this issue since I bought my 2012 ram also. Been to the dealer numerous times. Installed capacitors, more grounding , bonding and can't get rid of it.

does your truck have one of those backup camera warning systems with the monitor made into the rear view ? i have heard some vihicles with that type warning system can/has caused radio interfernce. just another 2 cents worth.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
If it's not the alternator, make sure you don't have any other type of power conversion device, i.e. Power Inverter. This will dump a lot of dirt RF into a radio, especially on 2m.

Status
Not open for further replies.