• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Jotto Desk faceplate for RCI 2950

Status
Not open for further replies.

2FB071

I have a Jotto desk in my work vehicle, and would love to find a faceplate to put my RCI 2950 in it. Wondering if anyone knows any item numbers for a faceplate that would work. Thanks.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Jotto Desk Lazy-L

I have a Jotto desk in my work vehicle, and would love to find a faceplate to put my RCI 2950 in it. Wondering if anyone knows any item numbers for a faceplate that would work. Thanks.

I have a Jotto Desk "Lazy-L" in my 2009 CVPI. The people in customer service are wonderful to deal with. One word of caution - these faceplates are NOT cheap, plus they charge an arm and a leg for shipping. But the final outcome is great!

Attachments

• IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 2,906

timkilbride

Database Admin
When I ordered my Jotto Desk new, it came with all the faceplates I needed. I just need to specify which ones I needed. I'm not sure if all models come with faceplates, but I know I couldn't have bought a used console and then the faceplates for cheaper then a new one.

Tim

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I dealt with JottoDesk in the past. I believe it's their policy that every console sold new comes with credit for enough face plates to fill the console. That is, if you order a console with 12" of face plate space, you get 12" of face plates in any combination you want as part of the deal.

The trick is figuring out what you want. If they don't have a face plate specifically made for your radio, give them the height and width of the face of the radio along with the locations of the mounting screws on the side of the radio. Their product engineering people will try to come with something that will work.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I see you have an FT-857 in the photo. Is there a faceplate to fit the entire unit, or do you have the face separated?

73/Allen (N4JRI)

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Yaesu FT-857D to Jotto Desk Lazy-L Console

I see you have an FT-857 in the photo. Is there a faceplate to fit the entire unit, or do you have the face separated?

73/Allen (N4JRI)

It's actually a blank panel. My installer put in a small hole for the interface cable, and we used heavy-duty Velcro product to affix the head to the panel. If you look closely at the bottom of the FT-857D control head, you'll see the Velcro product. It's really not all that visible in person unless you look closely for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0611_c.JPG
    IMG_0611_c.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 772
Status
Not open for further replies.