RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > Radio Equipment Installation Forum

Radio Equipment Installation Forum Forum for discussing how to install radio communications equipment in Mobile, Base, Command Post, EOC, etc configurations.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 4:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Dual Band TK890/790

HI Im looking to install a headset to this mobile and was wondering if anyone had the pin out for the 12 pin aux connector on the back for control head? I did a search and couldnt find anything. Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2014, 5:04 PM

Here you go
Attached Images
File Type: pdf tk790 pins.pdf (50.3 KB, 80 views)
Old 01-09-2014, 7:17 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thank You, any pointers on being able to read this radio. I had no problems with the 780 and 880 dual band radio. It comes up PC but then get an error message.
Old 01-24-2014, 7:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hi I have set up a headset on these radios off the 12 pin aux port on the back of the control head and everything seems to be working other than no audio while keying up the headset? Any suggestions??
Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 8:57 PM

Did you check programming? I've never done this with a TK-x90, but I've done it with NX series radios. There are settings in the programming software that need to be properly set for audio input on the rear connector to work correctly.
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2014, 9:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have checked everything I can find, I changed it to accept the ext. ptt and that is working just no audio from those rear ports. I havent fixed the "hot mic" yet so when keyed with the headset I can get audio from the regular mic but even with that disconnected it still doesn't work with just the headset.
Old 01-24-2014, 9:12 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterjh View Post
HI I have a headset installed off the 25 pin connector on the back of the control head

Thanks
???
The control head (if it's remoted) will have a 12 pin molex connector. The DB-25 connector is on the back of the radio chassis.

Hooking audio accessories to the control head is straight forward and should just work. If you use the DB-25 connector, a jumper needs to be moved inside the radio to enable the mic line.

You'll also need a headset that has a mic that is compatible. Do you know what type of mic you have?
Old 01-24-2014, 9:19 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have a setcom headset with mic. I meant the 12 pin plug sorry, I have everything plugged into the 12 pin connector (it is remoted with a single head dual band) and have got the speakers in the headset to work just can not transmit audio while keying the mic on the headset unless I talk into the regular mic because I havent done the hot mic fix yet.

It sounds like I need to move the jumper you mentioned but would that be in the control head?

Last edited by firefighterjh; 01-24-2014 at 9:34 PM..