• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

scanner install 2014 Silverado w/bucket seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

WM7C

Premium Subscriber
I found a good place to install a scanner. I bought a BCT15X to install in my truck, but decided to just use my BC355n. I took the cup holder out and drilled to small hole in it and the whole assembly slides back into the console. I also found that the speaker I bought fits perfectly next to the scanner without mounting it. I'm happy so far. I may adjust height, but it should work fine. Now to just drill an NMO eventually. I am going to temporarily use a mag mount.

Attachments

• scanner.JPG
    scanner.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 2,285

WM7C

Premium Subscriber
What antenna are you using??

Right now a suction cup wire that came with the BC355n. I have a mag mount with a Larsen "Special" Tri-band that I can use, but I don't want to leave my back window open. I also have a campershell, so it's not as easy to chuck the whole antenna into the back seat. I would like something that can get low band though. CHP is on 42 MHz here.

Thank you scannermanner1!

dmg1969

Looks good. Nice use of available space. What type/brand of speaker is that?

As far as the antenna, I use a Hustler MOR (Hustler MOR Scanner antenna roof mount) mounted to a Comet RS720 lip mount on my hatch and have good results on low band. Granted, it's not an NMO antenna, but it's a good compromise for me.

WM7C

Premium Subscriber
OP, do u have more pictures? I have a 2014 and looking for a place to mount my Motorola vhf. May be a good spot for it as well

WM7C

Premium Subscriber
I have an LTZ with a full center console and bucket seats.

Attachments

• chevrolet-silverado-ltz-for-sale-wallpaper-2014-chevy-silverado-ltz-interior-yukon-gifts-wallpap.jpg
    chevrolet-silverado-ltz-for-sale-wallpaper-2014-chevy-silverado-ltz-interior-yukon-gifts-wallpap.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4,253
Status
Not open for further replies.