• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

1996 Toyota Camry Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently bought a 1996 Toyota Camry LE, and it has an after market stereo in it. it appears as though the original Toyota radio was a double din, and now there's a space with some type of storage flap that you can open and put things in, IE change, wallet. I'm planning on installing a Uniden BCD996T semi-permanently (I'll probably sell the car next year, and the scanner isn't gonna go with it, of course). I haven't gotten the 996T yet, but it should be here in about a week so I can do i size comparison. Anyways, anyone done an install like this before? Thanks!

RocketNJ

been a while since I swapped out the factory stereo for a nice Kenwood. I believe the factory radio and storage compartment come out together.

bctrl1

The trim ring around the stereo/pocket needs to come out first (the panel with the cig lighter). Pull it from the bottom right corner, it will pop out.

There will be 4 bolts holding in the stereo/pocket assembly bracket. Once those 4 bolts are removed the entire assembly can be pulled from the dash, and the pocket can be removed from the bracket.

You can then ISO mount your scanner to the bracket, and reinstall.

Pics from a pro2066 install are shown below.

DSC01403.JPG

DSC01402.JPG

DSC01405.JPG

okay thanks! and i find it funny that we both have the same JVC stereo. haha. does it matter if it stays on top or not? I think I want the scanner closer to me.

N4JNW

That has got to be one of the most clean and professional mobile installs I've ever seen.. It looks factory..

Very well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.