RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 6:19 PM

Default Pro-528 Firmware Upgrade

My state, Utah is close to rebanding completion. Who is responsible for firmware upgrades on my Pro-528? The reason I ask is it looks like this scanner is no longer in production and I am worried that it will be slow for an update.
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2008, 7:13 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

no longer in production,probably means NO updates. but it may be rebanding compliant already. look in the manual under the specs, it may tell you there

Last edited by AlabamaRS; 10-02-2008 at 8:28 AM..
Old 10-01-2008, 7:33 PM
Site Staff
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

According to the wiki, the 528 is rebanding capable.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrystarr2000 View Post
My state, Utah is close to rebanding completion. Who is responsible for firmware upgrades on my Pro-528? The reason I ask is it looks like this scanner is no longer in production and I am worried that it will be slow for an update.
The PRO-528 and the PRO-433 are made for Radio Shack by Uniden, JAPAN. Uniden, USA denies any knowledge of them, so any info. has to come via Radio Shack.
Those scanners have 4 programmable Band Plans, depending on the freqs. in the system you're monitoring. It's possible that one of the Band Plans (PL1, PL2, PL3 & PL4) may work with a rebanded system. You'll just have to try them to find out.
If you join this group, the programming info. for both scanners is in the FILES section.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PRO-433_scanners

Here's a suggestion that might help all of us.
Put the system Control Channels in 4 banks. Use PL1 for one, PL2 for another, etc. Leave the old one running, too. Then, when and if they change, you will either hear them on one of the "new" banks or you will no longer hear them on any bank.