PRO-106 Programming - Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaptainkremen

I just bought this scanner for my wife, but have no idea how to program it. She wants to listen to Cobb county police - Acworth & Kennesaw. Primary control is 856.21250c & 857.21250c, Kennesaw is DEC 30837, HEX 7875.

Please can someone advise how I program this into the scanner? It's for her Xmas prenet, so would really appreciate your help.

jeffkraussws

Cobb County is already programmed into Vscanner 12.
Follow the directions for loading VS12 into working memory, and then select scanlist 3.

N8IAA

I just bought this scanner for my wife, but have no idea how to program it. She wants to listen to Cobb county police - Acworth & Kennesaw. Primary control is 856.21250c & 857.21250c, Kennesaw is DEC 30837, HEX 7875.

Please can someone advise how I program this into the scanner? It's for her Xmas prenet, so would really appreciate your help.

I am presuming that you live in Cobb. You are a premium subscriber, so, you can import the Cobb/GEWIN into whatever software you are using to program the radio. I personally use Win500. There are two others: PSREdit and Arc500. All allow a 30 day trial. You will need the RS USB programming cable--part # 20-047. It makes it sooo much easier than by hand. If you like, you can PM me and I can help you off list.
L8ter,
Larry

davekpa

Premium Subscriber
OK, I don't live anywhere near Georgia but I do own a Pro-106 so I will try to describe the programming as best I can.

Turn on the scanner.
Press the PGM button on the right side of the keyboard.
Press the F1 key, which is below the word "NEW" on the display.
Press the F1 key again, which is now below the word "TGRP" on the display.
The display should now have the cursor on the "Scan Lists" line, if it does not, use the up or down arrows to get it onto the top line of the display.
The line below "Scan Lists" should show "TSYS:" then the word "NEW" on the far right side of the display.
Use the down arrow to scroll so that "TSYS" has the cursor over the :
Press the center "SEL" button.
The Title >Trunked System< will be at the top of the display and the cursor should be on the top line where
"Type:" is displayed. The cursor should be flashing over the colon and MOT 800/900 is visible.
Keep MOT 800/900 as the type.
Scroll down one line using the down arrow to the line that says "Tag:System"
Press select.
The cursor will now be flashing over the capital S in "System"
Type COBB as follows. Press 2 then 3, 6 then 3, 2 then 2, then 2, then . then .
Press F1 under the word "Done".
Scroll down one line again to "Frequencies"
Press the select button.
Type the first frequency then press enter
Scroll down and enter the 2nd frequency.
Scroll down one line and enter the 3rd frequency.
Scroll down again one line and enter the 4th frequency.
(The RR Database lists 4 control channels for Cobb)
Now press the F1 button, which is is now above the word "SAVE"
Press the F1 button again which is again above the word "SAVE".
You have now created the Trunked System "COBB"

davekpa

Premium Subscriber
You will now add talkgroups to the system.
Press PGM
Press F1 (NEW)
Press F1 (TGRP)
Scroll down to ID
Type the ID you want to program then press Save.
Repeat for as many talk groups as you need.
(Please reread the manual pg 33-37)

GOOD LUCK

kaptainkremen

Thanks to all for your help. This is driving me nuts! I've installed Win500, and downloaded the info from radioreference tables for Acworth & Kennesaw. I posted it to the scanner, but when I try to scan I get a "nothing enabled message"?

pitbulvig

Thanks to all for your help. This is driving me nuts! I've installed Win500, and downloaded the info from radioreference tables for Acworth & Kennesaw. I posted it to the scanner, but when I try to scan I get a "nothing enabled message"?

Sounds like you just need to press the keyboard number that corresponds to the list number that you programmer your county in, probably the #1?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Check if you enabled a scanlist. Press a number where you loaded the Cobb TSYS object and its associated talkgroup objects.

Also, in Win500 check if a scanlist was selected to scan, check in the TSYS Object tab for Talkgroup Objects in lower part of Cobb TSTS. Then check to see if you selected a Scanlist for this system, should be on right side of Cobb Talkgroup Objects.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Sounds like you just need to press the keyboard number that corresponds to the list number that you programmer your county in, probably the #1?
Or if first time use of Win500, he may have left the Talkgroup Objects in default 00-<unassigned>

N8IAA

Cobb County is already programmed into Vscanner 12.
Follow the directions for loading VS12 into working memory, and then select scanlist 3.

Cobb went digital (all of it), and is on the GEWIN system. Is this in the V-scanner folder? Otherwise, he won't hear anything from the cities he is interested in.
JMO,
Larry

jeffkraussws

VS12 Scanlist 3 is Cobb County, a Moto 800/900 digital system, with these CCs:
That's evidently the "old" trunked system, not GEWIN.
Too bad.

Last edited:

kayleesdad

Pro 106 Scanlist Name

Is there a way to make the Scanlist name (or number) be displayed when the Pro 106 locks in on a transmission? Can't seem to find that program function, must be there somewhere. thanks,

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Is there a way to make the Scanlist name (or number) be displayed when the Pro 106 locks in on a transmission? Can't seem to find that program function, must be there somewhere. thanks,
Yes, PGM>EDIT>CURR>L/R to Scanlist>Down to TSYS>SEL>Down to Tag>SEL>Enter the tag>Done and save out.

kayleesdad

Okay, are you saying enter the scanlist number in the TGID alpha tag? If so, then we have to pack as much info into the alpha tag, I guess, including scanlist name or number, plus the type (fire, pd, sheriff, public service), plus channel description (area or city, common name or number), etc...Is that the idea? thanks again,

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Okay, are you saying enter the scanlist number in the TGID alpha tag?
No I did not say that...the tag is for a TSYS name.
If so, then we have to pack as much info into the alpha tag, I guess, including scanlist name or number, plus the type (fire, pd, sheriff, public service), plus channel description (area or city, common name or number), etc...Is that the idea? thanks again,
Not so...a tag for the agencies alternate with the TSYS tag regardless of what scanlist you assigned them to. How does a scanlist number tell you anything during coms? A properly identified TSYS with a properly identified TG should do very well. Fact is, just prior to ending the coms, the ID number will display on the frequency line.

kayleesdad

I guess I'll have to learn how to properly identify TSYS and TGS, but in the mean time and out of weakness I may have to use multiple identical TSYS with different names so the scanner flashes between (scan list name and number) and (channel) when receiving. Thanks for the advice!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Off topic if I may.

kaylee

Your name, coincidence? Same spelling as the poor child murdered in Orlando.

kayleesdad

hmmm, no relation at all. the papers refer to her caylee with a c, mostly, around here. very sad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.