Pro197 Heap Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike58

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro197 Scanner and am trying to program it with WIN500. I think I am doing something wrong. I sometimes get Heap Error 21E521:21EC. I set the scanner back to defaults and it works sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem?
I think it is something I am doing wrong.

Thanks

SWCOScanner

Feed Provider
While I have never had it happen, some people have reported errors if they try to upload to the scanner without putting it in manual mode first. There seems to be an error that can happen if you try to upload to the scanner while it is actively scanning. I've accidentally uploaded a couple of times while scanning, but I haven't gotten an error yet - it seems to only happen occasionally, and I guess I've been lucky.

mike58

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. I think the problem I was having was not having a Talkgroup assigned to a TSYS. I did a sort in the All objects Tab and deleted the Talkgroup that were not associated with a TSYS.
So far so good.
The WIN500 program seems to work well with the Pro197
Thanks for the help.....

GTO_04

I'm getting a heap error if I try to upload or download any files from Win500 to/from my Pro-197. I checked and there are no duplicate or unassigned TGs. Any other ideas.

It scans just fine with what is in there, I just cannot make any changes to it!

It seems that this heap error 219C1F : 21A3 just popped up out of nowhere.

Edit: I fixed it by clearing the memory. To do that I held 0 while powering up then pressed enter to finish. Then I reloaded my Win500 file and all is well now.

GTO_04

Last edited:

GTO_04

Well the problem isn't fixed after all. After resetting the memory reprogramming it, turned it off and moved it to another outlet. Same thing all over again with the heap error. The Pro-197 is turning out to be a little bit glitchy. I didn't even get to the touchy volume control!

GTO_04

Evert

If the heap error shows up on your computer screen it is likely that the problem is with your computer memory and/or software rather than with the scanner.

GTO_04

If the heap error shows up on your computer screen it is likely that the problem is with your computer memory and/or software rather than with the scanner.

It shows up on the scanner display, not the computer. After I reprogram it, turn it off, move it to another outlet, it works fine until I try to change any settings manually.

GTO_04

mikey60

Heap errors typically occur when a talkgroup object has been uploaded or added to the radio that is not properly assigned to a TSYS object. Look in your configuration for any talkgroup objects that are not assigned to a TSYS.

Mike

Evert

Sounds like you may be making a mistake while inputting data manually.

Maybe this wiki article applies?

“Heap Messages
I am getting a Heap Error message. What is causing this?

You have some TGRP objects that are not associated with any TSYS. Associate or delete these TGRP objects and reload.

GTO_04

Heap errors typically occur when a talkgroup object has been uploaded or added to the radio that is not properly assigned to a TSYS object. Look in your configuration for any talkgroup objects that are not assigned to a TSYS.

Mike

I already checked that. Win500 was used for programming BTW. And the same file runs fine in my PSR-500.

I don't get the heap error until I press a key on the 197. It runs fine until then. It just doesn't allow any manual programming at all, not even the first key press.

GTO_04

GTO_04

I was just getting ready to upload the file and decided to sort and renumber the objects. I then noticed that there are in fact some duplicate IDs that I had not noticed before. They were eliminated and now it appears the problem is solved. Thanks everyone.

GTO_04

W8RLL

I had the same/ similar problem.

Solution... Using win500, look on the right upper part of the screen to the right of "format.."... check the "unassigned" box. See the ID's not assigned. I deleted the two I had. Downloaded to the scanner again... Problem went away!....
Thanks for the previous hints to solve my issue.
73, W8RLL

mrbooker

I had the same/ similar problem.

Solution... Using win500, look on the right upper part of the screen to the right of "format.."... check the "unassigned" box. See the ID's not assigned. I deleted the two I had. Downloaded to the scanner again... Problem went away!....
Thanks for the previous hints to solve my issue.
73, W8RLL
Thank you so. Your solution worked for me.
Buddy K9ILL

Status
Not open for further replies.