Need battery holder for Pro-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFalconflyer

Hello,

I am looking for a 6-AA battery holder for my old Pro-60. I believe the same battery holder was used in the Pro-43, and probably several other GRE made models. If you have an extra battery holder, or one in a broken scanner that you can give up, I'd be willing to give you $10 for it. PM me if you can help.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Hello,

I am looking for a 6-AA battery holder for my old Pro-60. I believe the same battery holder was used in the Pro-43, and probably several other GRE made models. If you have an extra battery holder, or one in a broken scanner that you can give up, I'd be willing to give you $10 for it. PM me if you can help.

Stop in your local Radio Shack and have the sales associate order 10657013 HOLDER,BATTERY CASE through RSU parts (Orange key above F3 on the POS keyboard). Part is $4.99 pluss shipping and is In Stock

Attachments

• HB1081.jpg
    HB1081.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3,812

DaWeav

Stop in your local Radio Shack and have the sales associate order 10657013 HOLDER,BATTERY CASE through RSU parts (Orange key above F3 on the POS keyboard). Part is $4.99 pluss shipping and is In Stock

Dude, from another Pro-60 owner...THANKS! :lol: Mine has a little battery corrosion on it and a new one would be nice to have.

Hey, you wouldn't also happen to know if the RS part number '23-288-B' is in that RSU parts system would you??? It's the Nickel-Cadmium Rechargeable Battery for the Pro-60. Mine won't charge up anymore.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Don's know of a source for these battery packs. Due to the age of the batteries in the pack, I would not buy any of the original packs. I would take the old pack to a place like Batteries Plus and ask if they could rebuild the pack. The original packs are 7.2v 600 mAh Ni-Cd batteries. Rebuilding the pack with Ni-MH batteries would also give you longer operating time between charges.

DaWeav

Roger that. I'll just go the easy way and get the holder since there only $5, and combine it with some AA Ni-MH rechargables then.

Thanks again! :p

BTW, there is an 'WARNING' inside the Pro60 battery holder area which states "WARNING Charge only nickel cadmium batteries. Charging other types of batteries can cause them to burst resulting in personal injury and damage".

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
That was when there were only CarbonZink, Alkaline and Ni-Cd batteries. Ni-MH batteries had not been developed at that time. For that radio, I would take the NiMH batteries out and charge them in a NiMH charger. The internel charging circut was not made for the newer batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.