PRO 92 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

webley445

Several years ago my first scanner was a Pro92 (as I recall, it was a version 2).
I played and played with it, researched online endless hours, and taught myself how to program the local MOT trunking system into it.

then I upgraded to another scanner and sold it to my buddy for cheap. Well been talking to my bro and seems he doesn't use the 92 anymore and wouldn't mind selling it back to me. Since its been awhile since I messed with it I got a few questions that hopefully can get answered.
I figured it wouldn't hurt having a second scanner. Would mainly be for conv freqs, air, ham, and marine, and maybe just a few of the less used trunked channels.

does the 92 use CC only trunking like the 95 and 97 models? or do you have to eneter all the freqs.
Buddy lost the yellow battery holder too. Would I still be able to order one from the local RS?
Any reason i should? Hell he only wants like 35-40 $'s to take it off his hands, sounds like a deal to me and I know he only used it at home.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-92

does the 92 use CC only trunking like the 95 and 97 models? or do you have to eneter all the freqs.
The PRO-92 is not like the PRO-93, PRO-95 or PRO-97. While the latest version (firmware ver 3.28) reads control channel data, you must still program in all frequencies of a trunked radio system. Actually the PRO-92 provides a means that none of the CC only scanners provide - you can lock out a FREQUENCY of a TRS.

So regardless of the firmware version, all frequencies should be programmed. The difference between the firmware versions has to do with how the scanner gets some of the data of a TRS.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
V3.25 (A) reads CC data also but still requires all frequencies for Motorola though no order is required. No 92's were manufactured with this version but a few early upgrades may be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.