RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 4:43 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Default radio Shack repairs

I took aradio in to be repaired on 4/15/09 & it hasn't even shown up here yet http://corpinfo.radioshack.com/Produ...okup/Index.asp
what should I do??, be patient or start calling??
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2009, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaRS View Post
I took aradio in to be repaired on 4/15/09 & it hasn't even shown up here yet http://corpinfo.radioshack.com/Produ...okup/Index.asp
what should I do??, be patient or start calling??
I wouild start calling radio shack to get information. Maybe they already recieved back from the repair shop, and just forgot to call you.
Old 04-29-2009, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2009 View Post
I wouild start calling radio shack to get information. Maybe they already recieved back from the repair shop, and just forgot to call you.
could be, took 10 days last time for it just to appear on the site & 3 weeks total to get it back. I dealt with the repair service them self this time, RS is making people call& make arrangements to send it back themselves. The man on the phone was nice & gave us some numbers & instructions to give to the IDIOT at RS hehe. I wil probably wait at least 1 more week, also go by there this weekend with receipt & see if i can get anything accomplished
Also it was under warranty & was under teh impression it would be sent back to my house but with RS you never know
1 last thing I had the 5 year parts & labor warranty & they had NARDA after that on the receipt any idea on what that stands for.
Paul

Last edited by AlabamaRS; 04-29-2009 at 5:42 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 9:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The same thing happened to me and I wrought them a note on line and the repair shop updated the tracking and I found that the store had held the radio for three weeks and was told by the store that they hold shipping until they had many things to ship at once. The site was not updated until I was called from the store to pick it up.
BCD396XT
Old 04-29-2009, 10:02 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

took rad shack two weeks on my radio,had the tracking number and followed the progress a day after it showed back at local shack i stopped by and asked about it / they still had not checked in the deliverys from the day before and there it sat /
i also like the guys at this store / they are not into scanners and say so / they are stright foward and very helpfull

psr 400
pro 2096
pro 2030
pro 2017
pro 2051
pro 160
pro 96
bearcat v (2)
yaesu FT 60r
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Z1V6 View Post
The same thing happened to me and I wrought them a note on line and the repair shop updated the tracking and I found that the store had held the radio for three weeks and was told by the store that they hold shipping until they had many things to ship at once. The site was not updated until I was called from the store to pick it up.
thanks for the Info, I wil go by the store probably Saturday with my receipt & raise a lil he** & see what is going on
Paul
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swstow View Post
took rad shack two weeks on my radio,had the tracking number and followed the progress a day after it showed back at local shack i stopped by and asked about it / they still had not checked in the deliverys from the day before and there it sat /
i also like the guys at this store / they are not into scanners and say so / they are stright foward and very helpfull
well the people that run this now are not to bright lets put it that way thanks for the reply

Paul
Old 04-30-2009, 8:47 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

What is the order number (Six Digits)
What is the store number (XX-XXXX)
What is the date of the order (MM/DD/YYYY)

All of this information is at the top ot the receipt you received when the item was dripped off.
+ HF, VHF & UHF Xceivers from Alinco Icom Kenwood Yaesu Vertex Maxon Mot & RS
Old 04-30-2009, 7:27 PM

I can't believe you got talked into buying a 5 yr extended warranty at Radio Shack. I always refuse it when the salesperson starts their pitch.
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2009, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by check_and_advise View Post
I can't believe you got talked into buying a 5 yr extended warranty at Radio Shack. I always refuse it when the salesperson starts their pitch.
I usually by em for most of my radios.. & always send em in once or twice "just to get em checked out & tuned up" so it pays off for me. would cost a minimum of $50 for em just look at it . Also I recall 1 time some kind of CPU upgrade cam out right after I got my 1st pro 97. I took it back & they upgraded ( I think with a "brand new radio" so I end getting my $$ back

Last edited by AlabamaRS; 04-30-2009 at 8:00 PM..
Old 05-01-2009, 4:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

3 wks ago I sent my PRO-96 in for repairs (it was under warranty) because it would not receive the 800 mhz control channel. Well I just received it back today at the local store. The repair shop fixed the problem!! The store manager called me the day it arrived and even told me that he would have given me a brand new one from his store if I wasn't happy with the repair. So here's a thumbs up, way up, for RS and their repair center.
Old 05-02-2009, 8:40 AM

am going o check on it later today
Old 05-02-2009, 9:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

What is the cost of repairs at Radio Shack, and will they repair "other brands"?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 8:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
What is the cost of repairs at Radio Shack, and will they repair "other brands"?

Thanks
Out of warranty repairs require a $20 non-refundable deposit that covers shipping & evaluation costs. Once the repair center calls you with an estimate, you can accept and they roll the $20 towards the repair cost. If you decline, or parts are not available, the repair is sent back to the store and you're still out the $20. Best thing to do first is check to see if you (as a consumer) can get the parts for your "other brand", if they seem impossible to obtain, the repair center might not have much more luck.

Repair cost is pretty much along the lines of auto repair, hourly rate with a certain minimum, and parts are charged at/near the cost the repair center pays. Hourly rate depends on the type of item, though I can't really give you exact figures, as the reference we have is severely outdated.
Old 05-03-2009, 9:46 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks, for the reply.
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2009, 4:36 PM

UPDATE

I went to RS on 5/2/09 & sure enough radio was still sitting in the back room. THe manager came out & apologized & gave me her card & told me to call back Monday evening & Make sure it had been sent off this time... That's all well & ok , because the guy at the repair place sad" It would either be repaired" OR I would get a newer model.( I sent my pro 96 in) . so maybe I will "get lucky" & get a Pro 106 hehe, either way I'll have a radio that works. I am a patient person, too patient at times. also will buy an Pro 197 when they go on sale withe the F & F coupon in June So I am all set
Paul
Old 05-04-2009, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaRS View Post
UPDATE

I went to RS on 5/2/09 & sure enough radio was still sitting in the back room. THe manager came out & apologized & gave me her card & told me to call back Monday evening & Make sure it had been sent off this time... That's all well & ok , because the guy at the repair place sad" It would either be repaired" OR I would get a newer model.( I sent my pro 96 in) . so maybe I will "get lucky" & get a Pro 106 hehe, either way I'll have a radio that works. I am a patient person, too patient at times. also will buy an Pro 197 when they go on sale withe the F & F coupon in June So I am all set
Paul
Both of my radios are low end(pro-94) (pro 164) so I feel no need to buy a repair warranty,also I keep my scanners at home. I never take them outside of the house,so less of a chance of dropping them,etc. But in your case it makes sense. The Pro 197 is a very nice scanner. Prices for all digital scanners have to drop eventually. Don't know why it is taking so long.