PRO-106/PRO-197 CPU 1.7 Firmware Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
CPU 1.7 firmware Release

Radio shack has released the CPU 1.7 firmware upgrade for the Pro 106 and Pro 197.
The current RS site links are not formulated properly, but the firmware is able to be downloaded. I have downloaded and installed it to be sure the upgrade worked before I posted this thread. The Links to the upgrade and PDF are posted below.

New features:

• Change S-E GLOB "138-174 5kHz:" item to "Bandplan:" with a choice between USA and Canada.
  • Change step size to 12.500kHz in 405.987500-512.000000MHz range when the "Bandplan: Canada" option is selected in the FUNC-GLOB menu.
  • Change step size from 12.500kHz to 6.250kHz between 470.000000MHz and 512.000000MHz to handle the new UHF bandplan.
Fixes / Enhancements:

• Further qualify EDACS "Individual" call grants to address a problem where the radio sometimes tunes to MDT transmissions as radio-to-radio calls.

[*]Fixed EDACS "channel number" in CCDump messages.
Other:

New DSP Boot code V1.1 to handle a different Flash IC version. There is no user-noticeable performance change.

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Download:[/FONT][/FONT]​

Last edited:

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
Please feel free to provide any comments or discusions regards to the firmware update release in this thread.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Done deal!

Just finished updating my Pro-106. Not one problem. The one thing I will note is that the update requires you to select which comm port number your computer has selected for your USB cable. For those of you who are using Vista, just type DEVICE MANAGER on the start menu search area. Then simply click on the PORTS(COMM&LPT) and you will see the number assigned to the cable. Once you select the right port, the program pretty much walks you through the whole thing. Took me less than 2 minutes for the whole thing.

Manny

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
another Done deal !! I just utilized your pdf link and CPU upgrade link... both worked flawlessly, as did the actual updating/upgrade to my Pro-106. Great link, and it took all of 2 minutes to complete. Very easy instructions, no problems to report, it took on the very first time. I usually do not listen to EDACS but its nice to be able to if the time comes... no EDACS in my emidiate listening area, but always glad to upgrade my equipment.

Thanks again
Kevin from Ocala, Florida
U.S.A.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
How do you get it back to the original version? I want to go back to the earlier version I did the reset and it still shows 1.7. I also did the global reset same thing. Little help please.

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
Page 92 of the manual Initializing the Scanner to Factory Defaults read the note before doing it.

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
At power up do the following its on page 80
0, CLR - Erases DSP APP Upgrade code, restores factory DSP version

Last edited:

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
Sorry forgot this was a CPU upgrade not DSP. I do not think you can go back on CPU upgrade and I do not know why you would want too.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Used your PDF and upgrade. not a problem done deal in like 2 minutes. took on the first shot. I'm wondering what future upgrades might have. it took them a long time for this one but who knows. I love the radio though. Thank you manny for pointing it out. I was ready for that 396XT before this. When I get the money I will definately be getting the mobile versions if they are anywhere near as sensitive as this portable.

Joe

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Used your PDF and upgrade. not a problem done deal in like 2 minutes. took on the first shot. I'm wondering what future upgrades might have. it took them a long time for this one but who knows. I love the radio though. Thank you manny for pointing it out. I was ready for that 396XT before this. When I get the money I will definately be getting the mobile versions if they are anywhere near as sensitive as this portable.

Joe

You're welcome Joe!
I am so glad that eveyone seems to be having no problems doing this upgrade. I don't recall Unidens' updates going this well and this fast. All the different things you have to download and then re-load just to get an update. GRE/Radioshack have made it really nice and simple. When it was done, I sat there like " That's it?" I was very pleasantly surprised! I agree with you Joe, I am definitely getting the mobile version when it goes on sale, which is another reason to go this route....

Manny

Last edited:

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
The instructions are clear and the upgrades fast! How can you beat that! Even supplying you with information on checking to see the upgrade was complete.

Richsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the links, they worked just great & my update went just fine like everyone elses. I find it kinda ironic that the Radio Shack link is still wrong. I sent them email about this weeks ago they responded to me with the correct link, or so they thought, but it didn't work either. I think this is another indicator of the rapid decline in quality at RS. RADIO SHACK IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD CAN YOU SAY "CIRCUIT CITY"?

Thanks again Sinister!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.