PRO-95 Garbled audio Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgvscnr

I programmed these 5 frequencies for my local pd. They are all on Bank 0, channel 0-4 in numerical order.

This is what it shows while on PGM:
M000..AD.+MO
Bank 0 Ch 00
MOT: none

M001..AD.+MO
Bank 0 Ch 01

M002..AD.+MO
Bank 0 Ch 02

M003..AD.+MO
Bank 0 Ch 03

M004..AD.+MO
Bank 0 Ch 04

Scanner Frequencies: Mission Trunking System, Mission, Texas

Audio comes out crystal clear during programming, but once I start scanning, it comes out weak, scratchy, garbled and unreadable.

Any suggestions on how to fix/troubleshoot this?

-EJ

rgvscnr

Something else I found out after posting the previous message. I noticed that when it stops scanning on a transmission, it shows a different frequency from those five that I programmed. This is one example on what the display shows:

S004Z..D^+MO
VC 857.13750 <=== Notice *.13750 when the programmed one was *.125
Bank 0 Ch 04
MOT: 17200

Also, they way I programmed the frequencies was the basic PGM, entered the freq, make sure the MODE was MOT, and went into the next one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-EJ

al95

Something else I found out after posting the previous message. I noticed that when it stops scanning on a transmission, it shows a different frequency from those five that I programmed. This is one example on what the display shows:

S004Z..D^+MO
Bank 0 Ch 04

Also, they way I programmed the frequencies was the basic PGM, entered the freq, make sure the MODE was MOT, and went into the next one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-EJ

AS answered in the Texas Forum. You need to set this motorola system to an offset option. All of the RGV trunking frequencies need to be set as a offset option. If you use win95 programing software which is free and it is faster to program your radio. In win95 you select channels from the top option. Then you enter your frequency , then you select the RX mode which will be Mot. Enter all of the city 5 frequencies. when you are finish entering frequencies go to motorola 800MHZ box there you will see two options one of them is for normal and the other is the offset option. You need to select the offset option. This will solve your issuse you are having. I had to download the owners manual to read about it. This is how you do it by hand and it is easier press pgm then trunk then press func select your desire bank or the bank you have the trunking frequencies store now press func then 3 using the up and down arrow now you will see a normal option press the down arrow to select the offset option then press enter and you are all setup

rgvscnr

Done deal. Thanks for your help. I already downloaded Win95 and will get the cable in the next few days. Once again, thanks.

-EJ

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-95

This is what it shows while on PGM:
M000..AD.+MO
Bank 0 Ch 00
It appears that you have the ATTENUATOR turned on for these frequencies. You should see: "M000...D.+MO". To turn the attenuator off, go to each frequency and press ATT.

S004Z..D^+MO
Bank 0 Ch 04
This is correct. The "S004" shows that the active control channel is in channel 004, and you'll note it displays "VC" before the frequency. It is showing you the "Voice Channel" it calculated. This will typically change with each transmission.

Lastly, do you intend to program talkgroups? Or do you want to hear everything on the system? If you want to only hear the talkgroups you've programmed, you need to se the bank to closed. To toggle the bank between open and closed press FUNC DELAY (while in the desired bank).

Status
Not open for further replies.