Pro-106 TSYS numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
What is the number that pops up on a TSYS channel at the bottom of the screen? I thought it might be the object number but it doesn't jive with what I have programmed.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
EDACS is showing the LCN channel but Motorola systems have a 5 digit number, i.e. 00257, 01013.
Does the RR Database show what these numbers correspond to?

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
The above screen shot is only correct if you hit manual to look at an ID.

When scanning the last line will show the V folder name.

Either the channel number or the radio ID, depending on how you configure it, will be shown on the last line when the 500/106 stops on a talk group when scanning.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Let me correct myself.......

If the 500/106 does not catch the radio ID, or is not configured to decode the ID, it will look like the screen above.

The channel number is captured on the second line, not the fourth.

If the 500/106 is configured to decode the radio ID, and the 500/106 catches the ID, it will be listed on the fourth line.

Should be clear as mud now :)

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
So then each number identifies a specific repeater site...?

Cause when I had my Pro-96, I labeled each tower with a specific name so I could tell which one I was hearing at the time. Now I know there are several freqs that are paired for example, OKC and TULSA are the same, CARNEY and LAWTON are the same, so I would call it OKC/TULSA 01 or CARNEY/LAWTON 02 etc.

SO if it is a specific repeater, is there a way to figure out which one it is geographically? Is there a listing that shows these numbers and which tower it is?

Last edited:

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Ohio is sliced up into zones for MARCS. The system ID is diffrent for each zone. Many freqs are repeated within MARCS. A CC in Cleveland may be a CC in Columbus but the system ID will be unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.