Pro-2052 backlight adjustment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway to adjust the backlight levels on a Pro-2052?

I just bought a used Pro-2052 off of Ebay and it works great (I was able to program it up really fast with WinScanRS that I had from my deceased Pro-2052 that took a nice power surge), but the backlight doesn't work! I seem to remember a key combination that I used on my old scanner that would allow the lighting to be adjusted.

Am I imagining things?

Even if the backlight is actually dead I won't be heartbroken - will be easy enough to replace, and $80 for a scanner in this good condition was a steal!

Any suggestions?

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Replacement bulb?

I've retired to the fact that I may have been imagining things when I was remembering that I could adjust the light on my Pro-2052..

Does anyone know what voltage or type of replacement bulb this radio takes? I just looked inside and even a soldering novice could easily fix this one.

Thanks in advance!

MacombMonitor

If you can't dim it electronically, how about putting a thin layer of tinted plastic over the display? Kind of like sunglasses for the display! You might even be able to find some of the klingy stuff, like the plastic that comes on displays to protect them. I've even seen tinted saran sandwich wrap in the stores. Or regular tinted plastic, and just put a tiny dab of rubber cement on each end to secure it, yet make it easy to remove.

jlh

JWhipple, there is another thread in here somewhere about replacing the backlight, may want to search for it.

You may also want to join the Pro-2052 group on Yahoo. They have the service manual and component list in their Files section.

Al42

I don't know if this is the backlight, but the parts list has:
Reference # Cat.No. Description NP Part #
PL001 10791416 LAMP,PILOT 8V 0.2A L0200

That should be orderable at any Radio Shack, shipped to your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.