well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafale01010

I finally said screw it and got my 96 shipped in to get it fixed. Gave it to the shack sunday to ship it out monday morning. Surprisingly i got a call from the repair center in florida and said they fixed something with the display, saudered something and replaced the battery cover...least of my worries but hey its fixed, and all of it cost 79 a deal considering new ones cost 300+:lol:. Cant wait to get it back to listen to the action in the "big" town of perry and wartown which uses digital 800, which what got me pissed when the radio went out on me:mad:. Well ill update once i hear something else about it.

kevin390

Hey $79 for your pro-96 to get fixed, it's allot better then a pro-96 paper-weight. They probably checked it all out and fine tuned for you. You should have a problem free scanner, so I would say it's worth the $79.......................Ray

rafale01010

After the long awaited return for my 96, and it came in the afternoon today thank god. Memory was not touched so all i just had to do was power it up, and all that i gotta say is ot works like a charm as it did first when i got it in the mail after purchased off of ebay. Im just glad to have it back and running again.:D:D:D

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
That's the first time I've read that a radio was repaired in Florida. Good to hear all is well with the 96.

kadetklapp

What problems did you have with it? The audio jack on mine finally went out so I'm trying suffice with the less-than-stellar built-in speaker, but sooner or later I expect the whole thing to crap out.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
lets face it scanner enthusuasts,wether its radio shack,uniden or gre,they mass produce our toys with cheap parts and sub-par workmanship to rush it out because they know we HAVE to have it yesterday!!!

rafale01010

I was having reception problems for a while, then it didnt start up when i turned it on just the light would come on. The repair invoice said that the display was shot(which cost $50), the antennae connector was broke and had to resauder something. My battery cover was messed so it was also fixed in the process, and it only cost $5. Im just glad is repaired, and works like it is brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.