Pro-96 CQPSK - unsatisfactory

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnCowboy

Any new info on the Pro-96 and it's inability to CLEARLY decode the CQPSK digital transmissions TOTALLY!!!??? Guess everyone has just accepted the download back in Febuary as better than nothing... Something still needs work with it... whether the system itself or the radio... Any new info?????? :?: :?: :?: :roll:

s768ah

My employer has just upgraded to digital radios. The same problem exists with them as with the Pro-96. Transmissions either sound "under water" or "on helium".

jpm

Could this be a location issue as stated in the manuals. I myself has been very lucky with the location I'm currently in as all the uniden digital scanners I have sound great. I don't have any audio setttings other then the default setting on all scanners. I am 1 mile from the tower with a nextel tower out my front door. they are giving my company rental money for the area, with no interference from it at all. When I do hit the low signal strength on the meter it sucks but it is very often I am in a situation like this. This system has had a tower replaced, which is the one 1 mile from me. Oh well location...location...location.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I didn't think CQPSK was in use around IL - what system is CQPSK there?

- Rob

N

N_Jay

s768ah said:
My employer has just upgraded to digital radios. The same problem exists with them as with the Pro-96. Transmissions either sound "under water" or "on helium".

What kind of digital?

What radios?

LawnCowboy

Is there any new info on the reception issues on scanners with this system? Are there other areas of the country where scanners are getting garbled listening to the same type of system Hamilton County, OH has? Would figure they would have figured this out by now!!!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No changes, a large majority of simulcast systems have problems unless you are very close to the tower. Detroit MI, Monroe Co MI, Genesee Co MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.