how do i program my pro-197 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama9999

Coloradomom, as I mentioned to another poster, I can't recommend becoming a premium subscriber here at RR and getting the usb programming cable along with either PSRedit500 or Win500 for programming the radio. Of course it can be programmed manually by hand, but using the software and premium subscription will not only make programming it fast, but will greatly simplify programming it as well. I have the handheld version, the Pro106, and would hate to think about programming several systems into it by hand, but using the above mentioned software, cable, etc... it only takes a few moments to add entire systems, edit current ones, etc...

coloradomom

I do not have the program or cable . I was told by radio shack that this scanner was programed to bent county,colorado.

coloradomom

I would like to thank every one for there help in this matter.
My pro-197 is up and running.
I programmed it my self by looking up local frequencies ,and digital frequencies .and put them into my scanner,and they work just fine.

THANK YOU

sjlamb

I would like to thank every one for there help in this matter.
My pro-197 is up and running.
I programmed it my self by looking up local frequencies ,and digital frequencies .and put them into my scanner,and they work just fine.

THANK YOU

Most excellent! Well played.... Maybe Radio Shack should hire YOU:D

kb9jcx

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro-197 and im woundering how you program a tsys that has default and splinter freq. in it?
Like Wabash County Tsys.

Status
Not open for further replies.