Where to find Pro-107 iScan PC software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ousportsfan1

Hello noob here. I just bought a pro-107 and it came with absolutely nothing but the scanner, So Im looking for the software online to download but not having any luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much apreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

jamesa53

Hope you got the USB cable that comes with it, you will need it for future firmware updates. Also it is useful for charging the batteries while in the scanner, which some here do not recommend.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Hello noob here. I just bought a pro-107 and it came with absolutely nothing but the scanner, So Im looking for the software online to download but not having any luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much apreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

If you bought it from a Radio Shack store, they owe you the software and any accessories.

If you bought it used, here is what it will cost for the cable and software.

Here are the Radio Shack part numbers for the charge/update cable and the CD ROM with software

12481420 CD ROM WINDOWS 7 COMPATIBLE $12.89 In Stock
12480224 CABLE ASSY USB $42.89 Not In Stock at this time

Last edited:

ousportsfan1

Here are the Radio Shack part numbers for the charge/update cable and the CD ROM with software

12481420 CD ROM WINDOWS 7 COMPATIBLE $12.89 In Stock
12480224 CABLE ASSY USB $42.89 Not In Stock at this time

Thanks you for this! I did not get anything but the scanner. KC5EIB we should talk more Im actually in Lewisville so you could be my new BFF....LOL...

Thanks again!

jamesa53

Yeah, I knew that cable wasn't cheap not to mention RS does not have it. Guess is with shipping and tax it will be well over 50 bucks. Good thing you dont have to have it to program the scanner via software. But without the software you have to program it using the front controls and apparently you have to buy the iScan software from RS, doesnt appear to be downloadable.

Last edited:

ousportsfan1

thanks everyone for your reply, Since i dont have a rechargeable batteries energizer lithium batts, but when i turn on the radio it gives an error. I have flipped the switch in the back but still getting the error. Any advice?

jamesa53

I believe the only thing that switch does is allow the batteries to charge with the USB cable you do not have. If the batteries are good, are you sure you have the SD card inserted correctly into the scanner?

ousportsfan1

Yes I do. I have noticed when i put in used batteries, I seemed to get the error. Also the scanner drains batteries very quickly, rechargeable is definatley the way to go i am learning. Thanks again.

Sparky_one

EZ solution

For people who find themselves in this same situation you can use the EZ-Scan SD to edit and update the Pro-107 SD card. There is a learning curve but its simple once you grasp the concepts. Even if you only update the libraries you can then load it to the SD card and then use the scanner's own editing features to add your local agencies, cities, and systems.
I purchased a second hand 107 that came with nothing. I then found that Iscan is not easily available even from Radio Shack and the morons at the local stores don't even know what it is and are hapless to help you. So it was a delight to find that EZ-Scan SD works fine for the same task unless you want to do something unit specific like updating the firmware.

As for my personal opinion of the scanner in general its acceptable for a convention scanner. The 800 end is very weak and as for trunk scanning it lacks sensitivity to be of any use for me there.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I then found that Iscan is not easily available even from Radio Shack and the morons at the local stores don't even know what it is and are hapless to help you.

The Iscan software is easy to order at any Radio Shack. It is available from RSU parts. I am not in the store at this time to get the part number but there is a thread on thus board that has the part number for the Windows 7 version of the software.

One big problem trying to order a part during this time of year is the seasonal employees do not know about the parts ordering system. as for a long term employee and mention that you want to order a part through RSU parts.

iamretired911

On a further note to this and being on the phone with Radio Shack for 10 minutes, they do not offer the software nor do they know how to get it from their vendor.
Thanks to those for the link to the GRE software, but I think I read somewhere that it will work however you cannot update the firmware.
Can anyone advise if this is true?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
On a further note to this and being on the phone with Radio Shack for 10 minutes, they do not offer the software nor do they know how to get it from their vendor.
Thanks to those for the link to the GRE software, but I think I read somewhere that it will work however you cannot update the firmware.
Can anyone advise if this is true?

Here is the same answer I gave you to the same post you did on the Pro-107 Yahoo Group

Radio Shack does offer the software on CD. You would have to go to a store and
order it through the RSU parts system.

To update the firmware, you will need the USB cable that comes with the scanner.
If your scanner did not come with the cable, it is also available from RSU parts
for just under $50 plus shipping.

KF5ALO

Just in case someone else has this problem, I just bought this scanner today. I opened it and took everything out and thought damn, they didnt give me a manual or CD. I looked all over the internet to download the software. Low and behold I take a closer look at the box and notice there's a tiny gap at the bottom. I took my pocket knife out and was able to pry a flat piece of cardboard up and the manual and cd were under there. The cardboard was very tight and looked like it was the bottom of the box. Poor packaging but before you try to order a disk or manual see if that is your problem too.

SCPD

QRT
doesn't the PRO-107 have a SD card in it , so it should be easy programming why would you need the software??

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
doesn't the PRO-107 have a SD card in it , so it should be easy programming why would you need the software??

The Iscan software is uses to:

update the Library from the RR database. (Updates are posted every Saturday).

Update Firmware in the radio,

Manage playlists and display options on the radio.

Set up additional SD cards / copy configuration to other SD cards to set up multiple radios just alike.

Add frequencies not in the RR database.

PS: Your Home Patrol has a SD card. Why does it come with software?

Status
Not open for further replies.