RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 8:36 PM

Question Pro 79 lost frequency

Hello,

I have a Pro 79 hand held scanner, and bought new, and everything was okay until about a year ago. I cannot pick up my local police dept. Radio Shack told me they changed either their channel or frequency.
I can get the Fire and Hospital, but get interference at times. I am not very tech savvy, so any help would be appreciated. Radio Shack told me that i could not re-program, that i would have to purchase a new scanner.

quickdave
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2010, 9:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdave View Post
Hello,I have a Pro 79 hand held scanner, and bought new, and everything was okay until about a year ago. I cannot pick up my local police dept. Radio Shack told me they changed either their channel or frequency.I can get the Fire and Hospital, but get interference at times. I am not very tech savvy, so any help would be appreciated. Radio Shack told me that i could not re-program, that i would have to purchase a new scanner. quickdave
Hello, quickdave. It would help us to help you if we know where and what you are trying to monitor Most of us have lost our mindreading powers when we got the new scanners Let us know so we can help.
Larry
Old 07-05-2010, 9:33 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

the pro-79 has no 800mhz coverage. if your local police moved there, you will need a new scanner.
Old 07-06-2010, 7:23 AM

Thumbs up Pro 79 , reply

Thank you for your reply, and i think you are right, i will need a new scanner. I believe the Radio Shack did mention that the 800 mhz is the reason i will need the new scanner, and thanks again for your prompt reply!