Pro 79 lost frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickdave

Hello,

I have a Pro 79 hand held scanner, and bought new, and everything was okay until about a year ago. I cannot pick up my local police dept. Radio Shack told me they changed either their channel or frequency.
I can get the Fire and Hospital, but get interference at times. I am not very tech savvy, so any help would be appreciated. Radio Shack told me that i could not re-program, that i would have to purchase a new scanner.

quickdave

N8IAA

Hello,I have a Pro 79 hand held scanner, and bought new, and everything was okay until about a year ago. I cannot pick up my local police dept. Radio Shack told me they changed either their channel or frequency.I can get the Fire and Hospital, but get interference at times. I am not very tech savvy, so any help would be appreciated. Radio Shack told me that i could not re-program, that i would have to purchase a new scanner. quickdave

Hello, quickdave. It would help us to help you if we know where and what you are trying to monitor:) Most of us have lost our mindreading powers when we got the new scanners:lol: Let us know so we can help.
Larry

SCPD

QRT
the pro-79 has no 800mhz coverage. if your local police moved there, you will need a new scanner.

quickdave

Pro 79 , reply

Thank you for your reply, and i think you are right, i will need a new scanner. I believe the Radio Shack did mention that the 800 mhz is the reason i will need the new scanner, and thanks again for your prompt reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.