Pro-106 DSP Loader... msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomas21

Premium Subscriber
I successfully flashed the CPU to 1.8 but for some reason after doing the DSP 1.4 the unit doesn't always get past the following screen.

DSP Loader...
DSP Boot: F1.1

sometimes it will say "waiting for DSP"

sometimes it will boot into the welcome window

I've tried turning on and hitting 0 CL but that doesn't do anything

Thanks

I successfully flashed the CPU to 1.8 but for some reason after doing the DSP 1.4 the unit doesn't always get past the following screen.

DSP Loader...

Thanks

Try to upload one more time.
Mine is only updated for the 1.8 since somebody did it for me but not updated to the 1.4

Mine looks like this:
uP App Ver:RU1.8
DSP AppVer:RF1.3
DSP VocVer:RF1.0

After reading some threads some say to update the cpu part first then the DSP next. So try that.

Last edited:

tomas21

Premium Subscriber
Got it
Turned scanner off & on
Pressed 0,1,enter

Then proceeded to follow the DSP firmware upgrade steps and completed just fine

tomas21

Premium Subscriber
Spoke too soon... firmware update for both CPU & DSP went though succcessfully but now it occasionally gets stuck on that same screen...

DSP Loader...

Unit then goes to Waiting for DSP

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

Whats the fix to the hard failure error of a Pro-106 always booting to "Waiting for DSP" ?
Does this scanner have to get sent in for repair or is there an end-user fix to this problem ?
I tried all info in every thread I can find, you name it, factory resets, even tried DSP resets,
also upgraded the CPU to V2.0 and then upgrade to DSP to V1.4 successfully ...
and still after the Welcome screen appears ... I always get stuck at "Waiting for DSP" screen !

btw~I have the Sears Craftsman "Sledge-O-Matic" fix in the garage but that seems a little to drastic ;)

mdmceuensr

Locked up scanner

DSP Loader...

Thanks

Sorry for my ignorance.
How does one Flash the CPU? My PRO 106 is froze with the

DSP Loader...

Screen. Power on/off and key strokes have on effect. Other that the display, it seems dead. Would be most grateful for any help on how to reboot/reset my scanner, or any downloads for the scanner. Feel very lost without it!!

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

Update: Back in Jan 2013 I sent in a Pro-106 with the rare but famous "Waiting for DSP" error ...
Thankfully, the repair shop replaced the main PCB logic board with the last one they had left
and the scanner was returned back working like a champ. With no repair parts left now ~ yikes :(

I would reseat my 2 logic boards inside the Pro-106 and see if that cures your current woes ?
Those internal header pin connectors are known to oxidize and not make good contact (esp Pro-96's)

On a side note, I read an RR thread, where a guy swapped out the smaller "top" logic boards
between his Pro-106 and his Pro-164. So he just ended up with a fancy lQQking Pro-164 in Pro-106
clothing. I also have both of these scanners and no I have not confirmed this guys findings ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.