Question about CPU & DSP updates on Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcjosie75

I just recently purchased a used pro 197 and trying to update the firmware, the problem is it wont pickup the scanner, it times out and says it cant connect. Im using the RS 20-047 usb cable, it works fine with my other two scanners with no problem, Im running Win 7 64-bit, also having problems getting it to program. I have Winn500, ARC 500Pro and PSREdit500 and sometimes it connects and times out, then the scanner sets there like it starting to connect and says waiting. Any suggestions here would be very much appreciated

Doc

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I just recently purchased a used pro 197 and trying to update the firmware, the problem is it wont pickup the scanner, it times out and says it cant connect. Im using the RS 20-047 usb cable, it works fine with my other two scanners with no problem, Im running Win 7 64-bit, also having problems getting it to program. I have Winn500, ARC 500Pro and PSREdit500 and sometimes it connects and times out, then the scanner sets there like it starting to connect and says waiting. Any suggestions here would be very much appreciated

Doc
Welcom to RR.

1. Do CPU first
2. Hold PGM while turning scanner on
3. follow instructions in upgrade dialog
After update and reboot do DSP upgrade 1.4 following instructions in dialog of upgrade.

rcjosie75

Thanks for the welcome here, great fourms. I have followed the instuctions and I see the TX and RX lights flicker and then it says no data back from scanner. I have installed the lastest usb drivers, but from what i read on the fourms, with Win7 it picks its own drivers and was wondering if anyone knows of a driver I can install manually

Thanks for the help

rcjosie75

Just have a very usual thing happen, now it will not go out of CPU SW Upgrade mode, once it turns on, it goes right to this, no preview screen as before

Status
Not open for further replies.