RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 2:24 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Pro-197 scan list HELP!!

hello....i have a pro-197 and manually programmed it. (which everyone thinks it's SO HARD..LOL..easy) I even programmed the p25 (once again easy and if anyone need help to understand it email me phone # and i will explain it in english) Anyway i cannot get the scan list to lock in. I go though manual on pg 40 and follow the directions step by step and when i hit save it, up on top left corner it still give the default scan list 1. I tried it with the * and without the * and it just doesn't lock it in. Always defaults to scan list 1. I even let it scan and shut off scan list that i programmed but since its in the scan list 1 and doesnt lock in i still get that cannel. Anyone else have a problem with this when programming manually..thanks n5oya@hotmail.com

Last edited by n5oya; 03-05-2011 at 2:28 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2011, 7:13 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Your description doesn't make any sense to me, meaning I don't understand what you are trying to explain.

It sounds like you are getting the default scan list, which is just the number one position. To add or delete an item from a scan list: select that item, the enter program mode for the current, scroll down to list, then left and right to the list(s) you want that entry a part of, using enter to select and deselect the * mark. (* indicates which lists them item is a part of.) Be sure to save the changes, as you exit the programming mode.

You turn on and off the scan lists being scanned by pressing that number, during scan mode.
Old 03-05-2011, 8:19 AM

I would have to concur with krokus, I don't understand the explanation either.

If you could perhaps clarify, you may get a little more help.
Old 03-05-2011, 8:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5oya View Post
hello....i have a pro-197 and manually programmed it. (which everyone thinks it's SO HARD..LOL..easy) I even programmed the p25 (once again easy and if anyone need help to understand it email me phone # and i will explain it in english) Anyway i cannot get the scan list to lock in. I go though manual on pg 40 and follow the directions step by step and when i hit save it, up on top left corner it still give the default scan list 1. I tried it with the * and without the * and it just doesn't lock it in. Always defaults to scan list 1. I even let it scan and shut off scan list that i programmed but since its in the scan list 1 and doesnt lock in i still get that cannel. Anyone else have a problem with this when programming manually..thanks n5oya@hotmail.com
If everything was so easy, you shouldn't be having any problems.

Old 03-05-2011, 9:18 AM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

I wondered the same thing Steve.

To n5oya Make sure you have TSYS indicated on line 3 prior to map or remap TGRP objects to scanlist #.on line 2. Use ► or ◄ to change list #. To map object * must br present.

Last edited by fmon; 03-05-2011 at 9:21 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

thanks for the fix Flightweather. Unfortuantly other ppl can't read direct explanation but apparently you understood just perfect. some ppl out here are just little to slow..hihi.....problem solved and thanks Flightweather for the direct email. If you dont own one of these scanner you wouldn't know what i'm talking about in the first place so i can see why you dont understand.

Last edited by n5oya; 03-05-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Old 03-05-2011, 3:17 PM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
You're gonna explain how to in English, yet you ask how to in this forum.

Quote:
If you dont own one of these scanner you wouldn't know what i'm talking about in the first place so i can see why you dont understand.
How would you know? Stll
Old 03-05-2011, 9:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wow, I'm new to this, but after reading some of the initial (attacking) comments, I'd hate to ask any question let along a beginner question.
Is it always like this?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Senior Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Okay guys, lets relax a bit. n5oya received his answer so lets let this go.
Sponsored links