Pro-96 Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey, I have a Gateway 350S laptop. It does not have the correct Port for the standard Computer cable to go in, so I bought an adapter so it would plug into a USB port. When I plug it in the computer will not recognize it. I have tried it w/ ScanRec and Win96 & it says that its not connected. Will these programs not work in aa USB port or is it something else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Dylan

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
I also have a Gateway 350. What kind of adapter are you using? I'm using the Iogear serial to USB cable (came from Best Buy) and it works fine with Win96 for me.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
That's what my cable does also. From what I have read, serial to USB cables can give unpredictable results, in fact my cable which works fine with Win96 will not work at all with the programing software that Im using for my Yaesu HT amateur radio. The only other thing that I can think of is going into Device Manager in Windows XP and make sure the cable is recognized and, if so, it should give the Comm Port that it is using, make sure that Comm Port matches the one you are using in Win96.

Al42

Duditz511 said:
Yea, I just tried that and it still isnt working, thanks for your help though.
Go to the manufacturer's site and download the latest driver. If that doesn't work return the converter and get the Keyspan, IOGear or Belkin.

SCPD

QRT
Yea, my computer was saying the driver was out of date so that might be the problem. What website do I goto though?

Thanks for the help
-Dylan

Status
Not open for further replies.