Adaptaplug question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanct18

i have a question what is the difference between Adaptaplug B + C, they both look the same to me and both fit in the pro 96 and 106 that I have . what one should i be using for the scanners??

Joe

i have a question what is the difference between Adaptaplug B + C, they both look the same to me and both fit in the pro 96 and 106 that I have . what one should i be using for the scanners??

Joe
The adapt plug B is a little tighter fit and more secure. The C is fine also you can use for back up if you loose the B adapt a plug.

n5ims

Joe

Both Adaptaplugs in question have the same inner connection size of 1.7 mm. Adaptaplug B has the outer dimension of 4.0 mm while the Adaptaplug C has an OD of 4.7 mm. B will have a much looser fit than C will, but both may appear to work since the outer tab may have enough play to compensate for the smaller diameter.

You should always use the correct size adapter whenever possible. While other sizes may appear to work, they won't fit correctly and may cause power to fail as the cord is moved, fall out easily, or be difficult to remove. The wrong size adapter could also cause unexpected wear to the jack and cause it to fail as well. If the plug is to small, it may flex the center pin, causing it to fail and if it is to large, it could break the outer connection due to smashing it.

Based on the manual, the Pro-96 uses the size C Adaptaplug so this should be the correct one for that radio, even if others appear to work. Based on the RR WIKI, the Pro-106 also uses the size C Adaptaplug.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
As n5ims stated, Type C is correct for both models.

The B will work in a pinch but you will experience power interruptions if you move the radio around while using it. It fits loosely which is the cause of the power interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.