PRO-2067 PL tone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to program a PL of 141.3 into the scanner. I have the manual that I downloaded but I am not having much luck making it work. I am able to see the 141.3 on the display, however I can not get the scanner to block all other trasmissions other than the 141.3. I programmed up a radio to a PL of 162.2 and still the scanner opened up. When I go back into the manual mode of the scanner it shows "pl: none" like its not saving what I put in. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me.

methusaleh

I still own a 2067, however it is not here with me now, but...from the best of my memory, you need to set that bank to "closed" (minus sign on the display) to get the scanner to stop only on freqs with the tones that you desire. Leaving it on "open" mode will stop on anything.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I am trying to program a PL of 141.3 into the scanner. I have the manual that I downloaded but I am not having much luck making it work. I am able to see the 141.3 on the display, however I can not get the scanner to block all other trasmissions other than the 141.3. I programmed up a radio to a PL of 162.2 and still the scanner opened up. When I go back into the manual mode of the scanner it shows "pl: none" like its not saving what I put in. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me.
PL's won't show when selected manually...only shown during stoppage on the tone.

n8mrc

Feed Provider
but how do you make the pl tone stay in the scanner so only the station transmitting the tone will break the sq?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
but how do you make the pl tone stay in the scanner so only the station transmitting the tone will break the sq?
It will receive programmed PL/DPL during scan and Closed Mode only.

This is from page 23 of owners manual.
If necessary, change the receive mode. If you select PL or DPL mode, enter the PL or DPL code by pressing STEP (to move through the codes upward) or FUNC then STEP (to move through the codes downward.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Follow these steps to select a bank
and change it to open or closed mode.
1. Press MAN.
2. Press FUNC then repeatedly press
s or t to select the bank you
want to change.
3. Press FUNC then 2. Bank OPEN
or Bank CLOSED appears. Then
the tenth digit from the left at the
top line of the display changes