RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 PM

Default PRO-2067 PL tone

I am trying to program a PL of 141.3 into the scanner. I have the manual that I downloaded but I am not having much luck making it work. I am able to see the 141.3 on the display, however I can not get the scanner to block all other trasmissions other than the 141.3. I programmed up a radio to a PL of 162.2 and still the scanner opened up. When I go back into the manual mode of the scanner it shows "pl: none" like its not saving what I put in. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me.
Sponsored links

Old 08-05-2011, 8:13 AM

I still own a 2067, however it is not here with me now, but...from the best of my memory, you need to set that bank to "closed" (minus sign on the display) to get the scanner to stop only on freqs with the tones that you desire. Leaving it on "open" mode will stop on anything.
Old 08-05-2011, 8:16 AM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_master_21 View Post
I am trying to program a PL of 141.3 into the scanner. I have the manual that I downloaded but I am not having much luck making it work. I am able to see the 141.3 on the display, however I can not get the scanner to block all other trasmissions other than the 141.3. I programmed up a radio to a PL of 162.2 and still the scanner opened up. When I go back into the manual mode of the scanner it shows "pl: none" like its not saving what I put in. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me.
PL's won't show when selected manually...only shown during stoppage on the tone.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

but how do you make the pl tone stay in the scanner so only the station transmitting the tone will break the sq?
Old 11-17-2011, 8:00 AM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mrc View Post
but how do you make the pl tone stay in the scanner so only the station transmitting the tone will break the sq?
It will receive programmed PL/DPL during scan and Closed Mode only.

This is from page 23 of owners manual.
If necessary, change the receive mode. If you select PL or DPL mode, enter the PL or DPL code by pressing STEP (to move through the codes upward) or FUNC then STEP (to move through the codes downward.
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2011, 7:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Follow these steps to select a bank
and change it to open or closed mode.
1. Press MAN.
2. Press FUNC then repeatedly press
s or t to select the bank you
want to change.
3. Press FUNC then 2. Bank OPEN
or Bank CLOSED appears. Then