Pro 2052 Truking Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro 2052 that I am have problems with trunking on. I am trying to program a 800 MHz Motorola type 2 system into it. I have put in all the frequencies that are listed for the sites near me including the control channels. I also added talk groups. It is just making a nasty static sound. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I have a pro 2052 that I am have problems with trunking on. I am trying to program a 800 MHz Motorola type 2 system into it. I have put in all the frequencies that are listed for the sites near me including the control channels. I also added talk groups. It is just making a nasty static sound. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks

Is the system you're wanting to scan rebanded? If so, the 2052 doesn't support the rebanded 800 tables, so it won't trunk correctly.

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
True; if the system's frequencies all have a '5' in the fourth decimal position it may work with just a bit of reprogramming. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, since we don't know what system(s) the OT is trying hear...

Did you check out the Easier to Read guide, or the programming cheat sheets we have linked in our wiki? Their links can be found here...

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.