Pro 197 Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
I find the PSREdit to be the easiest on to use. Very versatile and easy to import or export data via Excel.

N1BHH

I prefer the Win500 software program, it gives you a better viewing of what you have programmed that any other program that I have tried. And it's easier to cut and paste between files to create other files.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi what software should I buy to program my pro197 with? ACR500 or win 500

I'm playing around with win500 using a pro-197 also, but programmed everything by hand previously.
I'm not real sure about win500 yet.

n9zas

Gordon81

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for the info I just got my cable last night think ill give ARC 500 a try. I already programmed scanner by hand when I got it last month I love my 197 .

AC2OY

Wow Gordon you must be a pro...lol I was able to figure how to manually program frequencies into my 197 but until I bought the software and had a RR member create me a file( to be honest he programmed it for me actually..lol) I didn't hear all the trucked systems properly...I was missing a lot of stuff!

mriley7212

Not liking Arc500

I have used the Arc 500 for the past year and dont like it. I cant sort freq. And after cleaning things up, I get things that I dont want in the uploads.
When I called for assistance they were not very friendly.

Going to try the other. Had good luck with thier other software, WIN 96.

Mike

RichM

I like ARC500, it's pretty easy to use.

As for "getting things you don't want uploaded after cleaning up" make sure and hit save before uploading, otherwise changes you've made won't be uploaded.

TAK21

I prefer the Win500 software program, it gives you a better viewing of what you have programmed that any other program that I have tried.

I am playing with Win500 trial and agree, especially when looking at Trunking Systems (TSYS). Everything is on one tab. The "systems" are in one grid at the top and the talk groups are in another grid on the bottom. You don't have to open multiple windows and dialog boxes to work with objects. It's all in one screen. It has good sorting capabilities and I really like being able to reassign the object ids if needed. This will probably be the one I purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.