I have the manual for the Pro-25, it is the first scanner I bought back in '85 and it still works. There isn't much to the 15 page manual but if you would like a copy I will scan it into a PDF for you, pm me with an email address to send it to.
Edit: to answer your other questions:
1. The switches tell the radio which band the crystal's frequency is in, the switch would be in H position for the 155.370 crystal and U for the other two.
2. NC4DX and jaspence answered this one, do a search here on RR for the crystal's frequencies to see if they are in use in your area.
3. Yes, but they have to be the type of crystals the radio will support and a frequency within it supported ranges.
I agree with jaspence, you would be better off buying a used programmable scanner than buying crystals for this radio.
Originally Posted by howdo
I picked up the scanner at a garage sale. It has 3 crystal oscillators in it:
The scanner can apparently support:
30-50 MHz, 118-136 MHz, 144-174 MHz, 450-470 MHz
I can get some activity on one of the channels (470.8875). I am new to this hobby, and would like to know a couple of things:
1. There is a switch near the crystals, what is the purpose of the switches? I assume this is for a fine tuning of the frequency band?
2. How do I tell what services and what towns use the above frequencies?
3. can I add a new crystal to any one the 8 available sockets? or will some of the sockets only support certain frequencies?
Does anyone have a manual or users guide for this scanner?
I checked the web and also searched this forum and didn't find anything.