RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 8:33 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Pro 433 not stopping when it scans

I've been running my scanner pretty much non-stop since I started my feed on RR and today I got some feedback that there was no audio but the feed was up. So, when I got home I unplugged it and started messing with it. It seems that it isn't stopping on a channel when there is activity, but when I go to manual mode I can hear activity just fine on the channels. I see the display stopping on a channel here and there for a second or two and then it goes back to scanning but there is no audio unless I stop the scanning and manually scroll through the channels.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I may have found the answer to my question. It seems my area (Richmond County, GA) is currently rebanding and is on a Motorola system. Unfortunately, the Pro-433 can not be updated for rebanding so I will have to purchase a new scanner.

Last edited by fireshaper; 05-24-2012 at 8:58 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2012, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshaper View Post
Any ideas?

EDIT: I may have found the answer to my question. It seems my area (Richmond County, GA) is currently rebanding and is on a Motorola system. Unfortunately, the Pro-433 can not be updated for rebanding so I will have to purchase a new scanner.
There is no Richmond county, GA in the database.
Depending on the exact new rebanded freqs., the PRO-433 MIGHT work on the new freqs.
WHICH system is it?
Old 05-25-2012, 8:10 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It's the Palmetto 800 system.
Old 05-25-2012, 8:14 AM

From your post in the Georgia forum I found the system is the Palmetto 800 system N O T the Richmond system.
If you gave the correct info in the first place it would have been a lot easier.
There are 3 sites in Richmond county and they all are using non-rebanded freqs. so they should work perfectly in your PRO-433.
Old 05-25-2012, 8:24 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I didn't say I was on the "Richmond system" I said I was in Richmond County, GA (which I used to search the site and easily found out that I was on the Palmetto 800 system).

I am in site #5 (Augusta), which, according to posts in the Georgia forums, is currently going through re-banding. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2012, 8:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickH View Post
There are 3 sites in Richmond county and they all are using non-rebanded freqs. so they should work perfectly in your PRO-433.
If I manually switch between the channels it will play but it will never stop if it's scanning.
Old 06-09-2012, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshaper View Post
If I manually switch between the channels it will play but it will never stop if it's scanning.
Site 5 has 10 freqs. and none of them have been rebanded. Rebanding only affects freqs. in the 866 to 868 range. If you are using Control Channel only trunking, they may have changed control channels, since only 2 are listed (in blue).
Make sure you have all 10 freqs. programmed and not CC only.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickH View Post
Make sure you have all 10 freqs. programmed and not CC only.
I must have been doing something wrong. I reprogrammed all the frequencies and it's working now. Thank you for the help!