HELP Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObGyNur

Premium Subscriber
Got a pro-197! Was trying to update it, and add channels. I didn't download anything before I did it, so I don't have anything to backup to. Something happened in the middle of the update and now this is all it says on the screen.

up BootVer:RF 1.2
Up app Ver NONE
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC /IF

Sometimes it will start updating the CPU but then the scanner will in just a matter of seconds say error turn off.
When trying to update the DSP the computer says it received an error message from the scanner. Please try again from step 1.

(also up at the top of the screen it literally says scanner version: ?:?)

I'm using the correct USB cord only, no adapter, it is on the correct COM, I even went in and changed the com # in device manager to make sure! I'm holding down program as I power on the scanner! Any other suggestions? Please help!

Got a pro-197! Was trying to update it, and add channels. I didn't download anything before I did it, so I don't have anything to backup to. Something happened in the middle of the update and now this is all it says on the screen.

up BootVer:RF 1.2
Up app Ver NONE
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC /IF

Sometimes it will start updating the CPU but then the scanner will in just a matter of seconds say error turn off.
When trying to update the DSP the computer says it received an error message from the scanner. Please try again from step 1.

(also up at the top of the screen it literally says scanner version: ?:?)

I'm using the correct USB cord only, no adapter, it is on the correct COM, I even went in and changed the com # in device manager to make sure! I'm holding down program as I power on the scanner! Any other suggestions? Please help!

Try it again to upgrade and follow what it says see if it works. I had to do a couple of times for my Pro 106 Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades - The RadioReference Wiki

Most are COM Port 4 but yours may be different.

Thats normal for that part where it says scanner version ?:?. The part you should see is PRO-106/PRO-197 Upgrade 2.0 utility etc..

Another suggestion is try each upgrade starting from the earliest to latest and see if that helps at all.

Last edited:

joelfx4

Premium Subscriber
Ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem with my 197

bootver: RF1.2
App ver: none

I've tied all the versions,

Status
Not open for further replies.