Pro 106 help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerl

Hi everyone. I had to move from a pro-97 to a pro-106 since our area went to digital transmissions. I'm in Bay City MI (Bay County (09))and and the system is a project 25 phase 1, APCO-25 (whatever all of that means). I have no idea on how to program this system. I was lucky enough to be able to figure out how to do a Signal Stalker search and locked in on channel (bank?) 1. They show frequencies and that's it and I'm not picking up other depts like the 97 did.

I have a lot of trouble undersanding what I am reading now a days (because of the meds the VA has me on) and I can't seem to be able to put this together. The 97 was so much easier and now trying to learn this is sort of nerve racking. I am a DAV and have a lot of time on my hands, that's why I like listining to what's going on around me.

I tried the easy to learn link somewhere on this forum but that was way too much. There has to be a simple way of doing this. Anything would be helpful.

Thanks, from a old fart LOL!!!
DiggerL

VE3JSO

i have programed that system in for the st clair county mi
so what you need to do is to hit program then new then tgrp and if you want the system in scanlist 1 leave as is if you want it in another hit sel use the left or right arrow buttons to sel the scan list you want then hit the sel button again.

then use the down arrow button to tsys hit sel then under type use the left or right arrow buttons to select system type you will notice there is two p25 one that says manual and the other that says auto i highly suggest using p25 auto then hit the down arrow button to tag and you can enter what ever you want there then hit done then use the down arrow again to freq hit sel then enter your frequencies for your area when done hit save x2 or 3 (can't remember how many times) and that's all you have to do for basic operation..

for talk groups you can just hit store when the scanner stops at the talkgroup that you want and the scanner will put that in the scanner to program a tag for that talkgroup hit man select the talkgroup that you want to edit then hit prog then edit then curr then go down to tag and enter the name by sel and type in the name of that talkgroup that you want. hit save like before and your done

here is a video walk through that had helped me to program the p25 system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FVdanCy-pM

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm in Bay city as well !

I know these digitals are very complicated arent they to program? Anyways, once setup there not so bad.

I have setup probably a hundred digital scanners over a couple years, including by request, WSGW news radio 790 scanner.
Been busy since bay switched on Dec. 12.

I would have given you a private message on this web page with my phone # but I see you have that feature turned off.
I dont really want to give my phone # out in a public fashion here.

Click on this to send me an email here.
I can then give you my phone # in the email.

Click this to see what I have from my web page at Digital programming

Only takes a few minutes as I hook up to my PC and you'll be fully setup for the entire mid-Michigan area and more as seen at the link! Also I will update the firmware for your radio from version 1.8 to 2.1 as every radio shack radio I get all have that version in it.

For Bay County - City anyways I put in:

Police:

MSP District 3
North Dispatch
County Police
LEIN
Detectives
911 Admin
TAC 1
TAC 2
Bay City Police
Bay City PD Admin
Delta College PD

Fire departments:

Landing zone 1 for flight care medical copter
Landing zone 2 for flight care medical copter
MonitorTwp Admin
Bay City Fire
County Fire
Fireground 1
Fireground 2
Garfield Admin
Bay City Admin
Hampton Admin
Frankenlust tAdmin
Merritt Twp Admin
Auburn Admin
Bangor Twp.Admin
Northern Bay Admin
Mt. Forest Admin
Kawkawlin Admin
Pinconning Admin
Portsmouth Admin
Essexville Admin
Gibson Twp Admin
Beaver Twp Admin
Fireground 3
Fireground 4
Fire Training

Medical:

Medical Authority
McLaren HERN
Mclaren EMS Dispatch

Miscellaneous:
Interdistrict
Special Event 1
Special Event 2
Special Event 3
Special Event 4
Road Commission
Delta College
Delta College

Last edited:

diggerl

Think I got it!

Okay, I did as you guys suggested. I programmed in the 800 mhz freqs and it works okay. It seems like I am picking up a lot of medcom traffic though. With these 800 freqs should I be picking up all of the traffic listed in the Bay County list like the one Ron posted above? And if I lock out the 800 freq that the Signal Stalker put into channel #1 will it lock out all of the sub freq's in that talkgroup?(please address this one first)

I am not getting Hampton/Essexville police but am getting the MSP #3 post.

Another thing I noticed is when I look at the channels manually, they go from 1-12 then skip up to 23-25 with the channels in between not showing up. Is this normal?

Thanks again.
DiggerL

diggerl

Forgot to mention

And I need to learn how to program this 106 Ron. If I screw something up I am going to have to fix it myself. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Thanks for the offer!
DiggerL.

Status
Not open for further replies.