Pro95 Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

I have owned a Pro 95 for years, basically since it was introduced. I have enjoyed the scanner and recently decided to install a discriminator tap to use the scanner with external software.
One thing I noticed was that the scanner has a "Power Save" feature when you sit on a channel monitoring the frequency in "Manual" mode.
This has bugged me since it does slightly interfere with external software you are using, I am using DSD, DMR Decode and a two-tone detect software. You can see the audio drop out and come back while using the software and it can make you lose the first part of a transmission.
I searched the Pro95 manual over and over, never seeing a reference to a Power Save feature so I was thinking I had to live with that brief interruption of signal.

Well I have finally found the solution, and it came out of the Pro97 manual. While monitoring a single channel, in 'Manual' mode, the scanner automatically goes into the 'Power Save' feature.
If do not want "Power Save" to be active, just put the scanner in "Program" mode. It turns this function off.
Now I can monitor without the interruption and I just love it.

Just FYI for anyone else who might find this useful.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Thank you! This may be my problem as my pages do get the first part chopped off!

Status
Not open for further replies.