Pro 96 Marine band locks up, wont scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
If I program in the list of channels, while the radio is scanning once it gets to them it wont continue on scanning, wont move off that bank.
I know about the built in search, but like to have it loaded in while general scanning.
Tried this on another pro96, does the same.
Any other banks, be it digital or analog does not lock up on a bank like this does.

Any thoughts?

Link to the sample ARC 96 file, http://webpages.charter.net/radiosite/marine.bin

Untitled%201.jpg

Bucko

I would guess it is a selectivity problem which most GRE built scanners have and it really shows in the high band area. Pagers or any other local strong transmitter in that range will cause this issue.

dste

If you try to manually program the 1st frequency (156.05) you will see the problem. The scanner will round off to 156.0525. This will cause the lockup.

dste

The scanner should lock up at or near the impropper frequency. You must correct your list to match what the scanner wants if your program will not round off for you.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok which is/are improper the frequencies ? I dont see it. Used the frequencies copy-pasted them over.

Thanks!

dste

If you try to manually program the 1st frequency (156.05) you will see the problem. The scanner will round off to 156.0525. This will cause the lockup.

This is at least the first impropper frequency! If you were to put it in manually it will round off to 156.0525. You cannot manually enter 156.05 in this scanner and have it not round off. By forcing an entry like 156.05 to exist in memory of this scanner it stalls at that point because it is not a valid step.

Load the list - hit SCAN - then hit MANUAL to stop the scan. Hit PROGRAM and over type the frequency and press ENTER. If it rounds to a different value make note of the more correct frequency in your source list to prevent future problems. When you hit SCAN and it starts to work normally you have corrected all of the errors.

The frequency 156.05 is probably correct in today's band plan, but the PRO-96 cannot be upgraded in program code to understand the difference. We just have to live with this little problem or buy a newer scanner.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
For any future reference these are the two invalids:

Now Before

156.0525 156.050
156.1725 156.175

The only ones, thank ya sir! Yeah I manually inputted each one to see if it would change.

Strange, normally I'm always answering the questions 100's of times, not asking!

Nice being helped out,

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.