I NEED HELP PRO 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmetalmaniacaz

Premium Subscriber
hi im not used to the new scanners and i don't know if im programming it right i need help please i use the software and i bought a subscription but my scanner is only picking up one channel so please help me

RonnieUSA

hi im not used to the new scanners and i don't know if im programming it right i need help please i use the software and i bought a subscription but my scanner is only picking up one channel so please help me
It hard to help, You don't list what your trying to listen to, or where your from.
So more info is needed to be able to help You.

djmetalmaniacaz

Premium Subscriber
sorry im trying to listen to police and fire and im from mesa, arizona and the county is maricopa im not used to the new scanners i have and old one i bought from craigs list fro like $20

djmetalmaniacaz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much for your help and I wish I knew about the trial because I just payed $40 to R.R. for their subscription :-(

RonnieUSA

Anything listed as Project 25 Phase I, or Phase II, Your scanner can't receive it because it's digital, now this system You can receive, Maricopa County, Motorola Type II SmartZone , just stay away from anything with a capital D in the Mode section, You can't listen to, your scanner can't decode it.

djmetalmaniacaz

Premium Subscriber
Anything listed as Project 25 Phase I, or Phase II, Your scanner can't receive it because it's digital, now this system You can receive, Maricopa County, Motorola Type II SmartZone , just stay away from anything with a capital D in the Mode section, You can't listen to, your scanner can't decode it.

That sucks cause I just wasted a lot of $ on the radio reference software product key and subscription

gregjolly

Feed Provider
Mesa and Gilbert are on the TOPAZ digital trunk system. The Pro-164 is an analog scanner and cannot receive them. You need to purchase a digital scanner like the Pro 106 or 197. In addition Phoenix and many surrounding cities are also digital and operate on the Maricopa RWC.

djmetalmaniacaz

Premium Subscriber
Mesa and Gilbert are on the TOPAZ digital trunk system. The Pro-164 is an analog scanner and cannot receive them. You need to purchase a digital scanner like the Pro 106 or 197. In addition Phoenix and many surrounding cities are also digital and operate on the Maricopa RWC.

Thank you for that info do u know if I can get my $ back for software I paid for

gregjolly

Feed Provider
Not sure where you purchased the software but software purchases are usually non refundable. Check with the company you purchased the software from.

shadcall

It was thru radio referance

He might be confusing his premium subscription with some sort of software program. Like Ronnie USA says I don't think Radio Reference (RR) sells any software program. What they do is make it possible to download the information in the database as long as you have a software program, programming cable and the premium subscription which is what the OP has.

QDP2012

That sucks cause I just wasted a lot of $ on the radio reference software product key and subscription

The premium subscription you have purchased from RR does not get you a software application for controlling or programming your scanner.

What your RR premium membership does get you (among other things) is convenient download capability through various software applications.

With many of the "recent" scanners, several competing applications (like Win... or Arc... or Free... ) will allow you to control/program your scanner. With most of these applications you can use your RR log-in credentials to download the "frequencies" or "systems" you want directly from the RRDB into your scanner, without having to use the radio's little buttons to do all that programming.

This is where the premium subscription is most often useful because it saves a LOT of time and lets you download conveniently and relatively quickly when your system-of-interest is updated in the RRDB.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.